1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Puncture Repair

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by rogerv, Apr 9, 2012.

1. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I caught the problem before it caught me out on the road, thanks to the TPMS. I picked up a staple near the edge of the tread, and while the tire shop was able to put in a patch, they warned me to watch for further leaking, as patches don't always hold in that area of the tire. If it doesn't hold, that means replacing a tire with about 600 miles on it. Bummer!
    After suffering a flat tire on my Lexus last week on a desert highway in Az, which due to speed and traffic conditions, resulted in a ruined tire after driving on it for about a half mile, I'm wondering if I have offended the tire gods.:(
    At least the tire shop guy was very careful with the wheel. I was picturing a scratched wheel, even though they claim to have equipment that won't damage wheels.:rolleyes:

2. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Sounds like you're back in town, welcome back. Glad you caught the leak before getting stranded. Which tire shop did you use for the repair ?

I had two tire on my 06 that had to be replaced due to sidewall damage. I need to get a repair kit for the PIP.

3. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I used Jim's Tire on LA Ave. They had repaired a similar leak on my '06 a few months ago.
    I considered a DYI plug-type repair kit, but after reading some articles online, decided to wait until today and have it done by professionals. I'm going to be looking for a spare to carry in the cargo area.