1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Question - Not Your Typical Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CBarr31, Jan 5, 2011.

?
  1. Replace when they hit 150,000 miles.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Make the push to 200,000 miles.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Harmonies started out very quiet and slowly started to increase I would guess around the 80,000 mile mark, warranty. It actually is somewhat hard to say if it is the tires, roads, temperature or the thing that finally did my run at 200,000 miles in ... suspension.

Since I got 78,000 out of my original Incrappities the 80K on the Harmonies put the suspension at almost 160K miles. It probably should have been overhauled then but I waited.

Now that I am putting 4 new Harmonies on AND upgrading the suspension with all Touring components it will be interesting to see what the noise level is like and if I can get 200K out of this set. Of course that will put me over 450,000 miles total so I will probably be replacing the battery before then. Depending on how Ema is running she may or may not be still in the family by then.

Happy driving,
    Chris