1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire question

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Crazy Larry, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Crazy Larry

Crazy Larry New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    So not sure what to do how to post or anything so I have no clue where this is going to end up so I'll apologize right up front. We own 3 2007 with 250,000 plus still running strong 2013 c with 150,000 and a 2019 awd with 410 miles, my question might be a stupid one but can we put studded tires on the awd wife likes the studded tires. thanks for putting up with me

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PruisChat!!

Don't see a problem with studded tires, but why not ask the dealer or toyota corporate if it voids the warranty.

3. blane

blane Carmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    The only reference to studded tires in the 2019 Prius Owner's Manual is here.
    Studs.JPG

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't see any problem with studded snow tires on. Personally, with improved comfort, I would go with studless, but if you regularly drive on ice and OK with noise on the regular pavement, go for it.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you're on-the-fence, I would avoided studded tires, just stick with regular snow tires. I'm very happy with X-Ice, fwiw.

Studded tires can be very noisy on bare pavement, and are illegal in some places (though a tire shop could verify that one way are the other).