1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Recommendation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jeffery Merrill, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Jeffery Merrill

Jeffery Merrill Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Had to purchase two tires for the front of my 09. After a LOT of searching, I finally found my new tires in a surprising place. Sears! I looked everywhere, Tire Rack, Belle Tire, Firestone, Goodyear, Walmart even. Even though I worked for years at a Sears Auto center it still took me a minute to remember them, lol.

Anyway, the tires I decided on are the Laufenn G Fit AS 185/65R15 tires. They are 60,000 mile tires with a decently open all season tread pattern, yet are still quiet on the road, from low speeds up to mid 70s(no, i don't travel at high speeds often, but the opportunity arose to see how it performed at higher speeds yesterday.). Even better, these tires are made by Cooper(if I remember correctly), so they are a good brand. The best part is they are less than $50 per tire. I got them on sale for $42.99 each.

I have now had them for 14 days and I must say I am tickled at how good they are. The best part for me is they are half the weight of the old tires and my MPG went from low to mid 40s on the freeway to a hair over 50(50.3 to 50.5, to be precise.). Acceleration is quicker and I don't have to push on the accelerator as much, curves and turning are easier, and they have a much lower rolling resistance than the old tires.

So, all that said, I highly recommend these tires.

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It’s a Hankook brand, but I’m not going to complain if they’re good like you say, and at a great price too...