1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire repair; TPS; and alignment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bwilson4web, Jun 13, 2009.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :juggle: :embarassed: :doh:

Stream: The SKS button WAS in the Gen2 in the space I described it would be found in the 2010. The problem (well, ONE of MY problems) is that I just assumed the other button I felt was the SKS button. In the prior generation, the SKS button would be used to turn off the Smart Key System so you wouldn't drain the 12V battery if you had long stretches between uses of the SKS. The 2010 has an auto-off function for the SKS. This is a built-in protection (as is the auto-off for the Power "On" and "Accessory" positions) to keep us from draining our little 12V batteries.

Rick: Ooops! I deserve a little (BIG?) fish over the head for that lugheaded assumption!

The other button is for the Pre-Collision system. The default is to have it in "On" at all times. The button is there so that you can turn it off, if you feel it necessary to be "free" of the computer-controlled protection.

Here's a picture of the "other" button's placement under the dash:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    man that pre-collision system is so cool. if they had V in 15 " wheels i would have been all over it