1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire replacement

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Black&White, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Black&White

Black&White Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I need new tires. Looking at the Bridgestone Ecopias. Stock tire size is 175/65/15, I see those on eBay for $371. I also see the 185/65/15 but for $269. I should be able to fit the 185's on right? How much mpg do you think I'd lose? What do you guys think? Sorry I am sure this question has been beat to death. Appreciate any advice!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last year on Black Friday I got an amazing price on Ecopias at SimpleTire.com and found a local shop to mount and balance for $20 each as needed. I was skeptical about online tire buying, but it worked out better than the usual routine because in the past year have only had to replace two of the 4 tires... I'm about to do the last two before my next road trip. It's a great way to not only save on tire price, but also to get as much use out of the old tires before I put on the new ones.

As for using a one size bigger tire it will fit and might not make any difference. But these cars are hyper-optimized for high MPG so there's a significant risk your MPG on bigger tires could take a way bigger MPG hit than the small amount of money you save.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With the larger Outside Diameter tires: the car will ride a bit higher, more air drag, and the odometer will slightly under-register miles.