1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Review - Goodyear Viva Assurance Fuel Max

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stevemcelroy, May 24, 2012.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Agree 100%. Integrity has none. Took them off my '04 (brought home end of Sept '04) in Dec '04 after they would slide on the slightest amount of snow. Needed to go up a hill that was plowed but still had maybe 1/2" of snow left. First trip up (to drop the kids) started with ~ 10 MPH speed. T/C kicked and bucked as I lost the gained traction. Had to start from a dead stop when I went back. Made it some distance up then the T/C stopped the car and it slid backwards several feet before I got traction again. 30' up, slide NOT roll, 5' back, repeat to the top of the hill. Replaced them the next week with Goodyear TripleTreds and went back to the same hill 3 miles from where I got the tires, plastic signage still on the tread. 4" of snow on the hill, not plowed. T/C did stop the car part way up but it stuck firm. I had to take my foot off the accelerator so it could roll back a bit to get traction. Made it up. Second test, started with ~ 10 MPH speed, increased to 20 going up. Made it to the top with no T/C interventions and never slowed much.

And the Integrity would kick in the T/C if there was any loose gravel on a paved road and I was starting from a stop. Like on a flat road at a red light! And I am as light on the pedal as they come. My wife's cousin complained about that on his new '05, didn't like his new car much. I told him to get real tires. He did, and is still happy with the car today.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've recently put Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires on my 2010 Prius and have taken an unexpected mileage hit. I've lost easily 4 mpg and can not understand why? My Prius has 112,000 mi. on it and these are the 3rd. set of tires. Since they replace the exact same Fuel Max tire I did not expect any mpg. change. But what is the Viva your talking about? Is there different Fuel Max tires? I got mine from www.discounttiredirect.com Thanks for any enlightenment.

3. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That is the same tire made for Walmart. I am not sure if it has the same rating. G/Y Assurance are rated 89H. H

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    We have just 32,200 on our Goodyear ComfortTreds and they are showing the wear bar a 2/32" tread depth. This is pretty disappointing for an alleged 80K tire. At 65 yrs old we are pretty conservative drivers. Our driving is about 80% local, hilly terrain, driven mostly for economy and not for speed. It sounds like Goodyear tires are not wearing well. What should we replace with that won't hurt our mileage? There are Avid H4s on our Honda that have done well for wear and I have Coopers on my truck that have been great.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Michelin Energy Saver A/S.