1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire rotation needed every oil change?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jrod81, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm planning to rotate my tires myself at 10K intervals (at least for these crap stock tires that I want to get rid of anyway). Does anyone see a problem with crossing the rear tires when moving them to the front. I would do the following:

Remove Front Right and temporarily support with spare
    Replace Rear Right with Front Right
    Replace Front Left with Rear Right
    Replace Rear Left with Front Left
    Replace spare on Front Right with Rear Left

Basically, the two front tires are moved rear on the same side and the two rears are moved the front on the opposite side. This pattern allows for the simpilest rotation using a single jack.

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Front to back, every 10 K (every other oil change) I have 38,000 on the original OEM Goodyears, and probably just over 1/2 worn, and evenly worn. Never had it aligned, and run the tps about 42/40 (when I get around to actually checking it). I do 90 miles a day freeway driving. I've run my wife's awd Subaru over 25,000 without rotating, and she has over 60,000 on Costco Micheleins, which still look good. Your mileage may vary ...

3. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

We rotated our tires at the first oil change. We intended to do it the second -but get this - the dealer decided that it didn't need to be done. :) Not sure if that was them being honest or just wanting to get the oil change done quickly and get us on our way.