1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire size for Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Josh331, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Josh331

Josh331 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So I usually run 175 65 15. A buddy was wondering if I could use low rolling resistance tires on the C. Is that alright or not recommended? I like silence when I’m driving my C and obviously the better mpg I can get the better. I don’t know how low rolling resistance tires will affect that ^ my buddy said if anything LRR tires would increase my MPG but I just wouldn’t want them loud if that makes sense.
    Any help much appreciated

#1 Josh331, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Usually, the things that let a tire get the LRR sticker are the same things that make the tire hard and noisy. Hard to make it quiet and efficient at the same time. You might find one that does well for both but that's pretty difficult.

I like the quiet too. I don't mind sacrificing a little MPG for a quieter tire. I plan to get the General RT43 175/65R15 when we wear out the factory tires.

I have already used this General tire on another small car and it was fantastic- a smooth quiet ride and we still got good MPG.