1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Type?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mr88cet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks Mendel. If the mpg went down, it must have been very brief as I didn't notice any change (that I recall).
    I've beat this issue to death, but I can't wait for those Premiers to wear out so I can get something different, and hopefully quieter.

Thanks. I'm at about 11,000 miles now, and the mpg did increase a bit. But the noise is making me nuts.
    And excuse me for butting in here. Thanks guys.

#21 Starship16, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. litesong

litesong Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a solution. Start losing your hearing. You'll be deaf..... but not nuts. I have a spare Premier waiting in the wings to be used. It won't deafen me anymore than I am already..... because it is a BF Goodrich Premier Touring. :ROFLMAO:
    Oh, I am so funny!

3. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Prime Advanced came with Toyo NanoEnergy A29 fitted, they were removed within in days of getting home & stored in my tire vault.

Prior to purchase I had made the decision to run a 205/50-17 Ultra High Performance All -Season Non LRR tire for added performance in wet and dry grip, for me this was the right way to go because the grip/safety is clearly there.

Rob43

4. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I support the all season decision. I run all seasons on every car ive had (usually because I don't have a second set of wheels for summer tires). That said, I'll take a small gas mileage hit for increased traction/ performance if not for safety alone.

When my ensaves wear out, I'm putting all seasons on it. I usually go with continental DWS, but tires change all the time so I'll evaluate when the time comes

5. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Non LRR tires are a one year newer "cousin" of the Continental DWS.

Rob43

6. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just curios, your "enasave" same tire as mine? Dunlop enasave 01 a/s:https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Enasave+01+A%2FS. If it is the same tire, then they are all season passenger tires. They are also LRR tires. It is not meant for snow, but I did fine for my first winter in NE with the OEM enasave with plenty of treads. For my second winter when the tread on OEM was down to 5/32, I decided to buy dedicated winter tires for my PRIME.

#26 Salamander_King, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019