1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tired of U0126 steering angle sensor module

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Huinzol, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Huinzol

Huinzol Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello guys,
    In the fall, I wanted to change the steering wheel for better one, when I was taking out the steering wheel, the cassette flew out of the mechanism, after one week I mounted it back and I got an DTC U0126 and airbags error. It was easy to delete airbag DTC with techstream, but U0126 and yellow ESP is still on dashboard.
    What I have done:
    1) I have checked with Techstream ABS/VSC parameters and data list, where I found that Steering Angle sensor it showing -850,5 degrees, Steering Angle value also shows -850,5.
    After that I decided that I need to change air bag clock spring spiral cable, basically the whole mechanism inside steering wheel which I bought new from Ebay.
    [​IMG]
    After that I've hone couple of calibrations, for example zero yaw sensor.
    The parameters in Techstream shows me right now Steering angle senros 0 degrees, which should be fine as I understand, but ESP is still on dashboard and I don't know what to do next. I can't delete DTC.
    I though maybe it's something with fuses, but I couldn't find any specified fuse that responsible for ESP traction.
    Does anybody has any idea where I could find solution for a problem?
    Thanks

2. Steven8608

Steven8608 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi!

I have same problem. Have you solved yours, if yes can you tell me how did you?

Thx for your answer!