1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tires information requesrted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

2006 with 30,000 miles. Should I expect the original tires to last longer or should I be looking to purchase new ones. Car has been maintained by Toyota on schedule.

Should I need new tires should I replace with same tires or is there a better size for comfort and milage. I'm considering Michelin.

I read where some are bumping air pressure to 42/40. Is this recommended or stay with the manual's recommened which I beleive is 34/32

Thanks for sharing

2. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Im running 42F/40R on my car. I would like to find a longer lasting, better ride, higher mileage tire than the OEM. I wish PriusChat would have a "Replacement Tire" sticky thread to let everyone know what the best tire is.

I have 35k miles on orginal tires. At the moment, I'm leaning toward the stock Goodyears when replacement time comes around.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're happy with the Integrities' ride (and get 35k miles from them!) they're hard to beat for price and potential fuel economy.

4. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, such info would be great. I've seen very few alternative tire choices available to us. I have the 16" wheels and wow, Tire Rack etc just have almost nothing to choose from.. :confused: