1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TIS vs GMAIL

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Apr 27, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

So I paid $75 for a month subscription only to find I could not login. I tried resetting passwords . . . nothing. Wednesday I contacted TIS and they reports "[email protected]" goes into a GMAIL spam trap that can only be defeated by using a POP client. Wth!!!!

So last night I tried again and there was the verification e-mail I could not see before. I was able to login and get the repair manuals I wanted. But what pissed me off is there was nothing on the login page to tell me about this 'feature.' I might have been able the first night with a little patience, get the verification e-mail and be on my way. Just I don't remember seeing "verification email" in any of the messages and screens that night.

What was maddening is there are two paths to login: (1) technical info, and (2) account maintenance. The account maintenance worked perfectly so I was able to confirm the password change. It was the "technical info" that was frustrating.

Bob Wilson

ps. Perhaps @Prius Team might want to share this with the 'usual suspects.' <GRINS>

RCO likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    TIS equals Technical Information System.

I notice too, when I first go there with a new browser: there's security warnings.

Open letter to Toyota: update your site, AND:

Unlock everything, make it unfettered, free access. Join the 21st century.

RCO likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Agreed, their CERT is fubar.

Or at least anyone with a proper VIN gets it for as long as the warranty.

Bob Wilson

RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.