1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TMPS Light Blink, then Steady On

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Frontporch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting rite-of-passage now Gen3 Prii TPMS batteries starting to die! Join the Gen2 crowd.
    Yes mine 06 lasted almost 10 years, and only one of the TPMS died at first, the others lasted almost 12 years.
    Depends a little if your state inspection allows the round "bandaid" approach. Virginia TPMS light=ON is allowable.
    It would help a little if you knew from Techstream or other device exactly what is going on. I found a way to make a fake reading with a spare OEM gen2 TPMS in the glove compartment, but I don't know if it works on Gen3. Gen3 also has a jumper hack to turn off the light, not available on Gen2...not sure that solves the inspection prob.

Gee whiz @bisco might lose his 2012 Pip TPMS any day unless he gets a new car. How time flies!

#21 wjtracy, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have the TPMS code light on now and then text stream it shows two of the TPMS sensors are bad I think they're in one on the driver side rear and the passenger side front so I'm going to buy a whole set of newer ones that are supposedly compatible with the Toyota system and that are programmable for pressure and light coming on

SM-A715F ?