1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TOD...Triangle of death...(sigh)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bshef, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    jeff652 likes this.
  2. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    dropped car off at dealership this morning... (toyota Huntington Beach)....
    later, I randomly called them and inquired how much for new prius hybrid battery....they reported $4016 plus tax installed. Later they called me with codes confirmed and offered 2 options.
    1 = refurbished toyota pack for $3025 plus tax
    2 = brand new for $3700 plus tax

I next called Toyota USA and asked for the goodwill deal.
    The rep took all my info....rep called the dealer however, service manager not available saturdays, so I will not get any decisions until Monday at the earliest. ​

3. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Whatever you do - don't choose option #1 - I can't believe that option is even available unless the refurb pack is the G9510-47030-84 unit, which I understand "should" contain brand new modules but no one here at Priuschat knows for certain.

Hopefully Toyota USA will chip in a thousand or more for a new pack. Chances are they won't though because you're too far out from the 10 year limit.

There are less costly options than #2 as well. The best one is doing the replacement with brand new modules yourself. The next best is going to a place like Texas Hybrid Batteries. They have excellent prices for new and rebuilt packs for those in the DFW area.

#23 jadziasman, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Op is only looking for another 4 year timeframe with the car, either option should work nicely for that timeframe.

I believe the only refurbished pack sold by Toyota would be the part ending with 84, which should have new modules. Back when that option first came out, the price difference was only $200 compared to new. There seems to be a very good $700 reason to go refurbished now

bshef likes this.
  5. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But why a $675 difference between the refurb and new? That's a lot if they're essentially the same thing (both having factory new modules).

bshef likes this.
  6. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll ask more questions monday about the refurbished option.

SM-N910V ?