1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Today was a horrible Easter!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MelissaAnne, Apr 24, 2011.

1. DaYooper

DaYooper Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Well, if it's at the dealer, then the answer to your question is YES:rant:

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I only see three pages as of post #120. If the number of pages is offensive, it can be changed to display more posts per page in each user's forum settings.

Having been around for a little while, this thread fits in pretty well with the thousands of others I've read, and enjoyed. It rambles a bit, OK a lot, but it keeps it light and friendly. I've been on a lot of forums where the "keep it on track Nazis" were so strict it was stale and unfriendly. This forum has a nice mix and works well IMHO. $0.02 spent.

4 people like this.
  3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If Manny had a sense of humour, I'd still play along. OK, maybe the broccoli comment wouldn't have quite the same appeal. :p

4. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "If it's at the dealers than the answer to your question is yes"

To further add to that quote don't forget shes a girl!

Sorry looks like your doubly screwed!

Only could have gotten worse if you where old!

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are good dealers and not-so-good dealers. I'm not sure where else you'd expect to find a factory-trained HSD mechanic with all of the necessary diagnostic equipment.

6. MelissaAnne

MelissaAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well seeing as how I'm not from here, I don't know of any shops that know anything about Prius cars. I'm 2,300 miles from where I call home so the fact it's at a dealership I couldn't really help. Plus, I have AAA insurance and that's where they'd tow it. Still, don't know of any shops here that know hybrid cars. A majority of these shops are a bit scary looking to me.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    of course they are, it's louisiana. manny ramirez? he's in spain with his father. tested positive for you know what. might be more than a 12 page discussion.

8. DaYooper

DaYooper Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I'm not saying you shouldn't have took it there. I just sayin that most dealers have a tendency to "screw people" especially females 2,300 miles from home. Hopefully they are respectable people and it doesn't cost you too much to get your car back on the road!

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps this is a topic for another thread, but it really sucks that the average car shop can't be trusted. You'd think an honest business that treated people with respect, regardless of age or gender, would not lack for customers.

10. DaYooper

DaYooper Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are out there. But from my experience, they are few and far between. I had a jeep that had a bad wheel bearing. Bring it to the dealer, "You have bad bearings in the differential, it'll be 2000". I say, OK change it. They do then test drive. "Oh it's the wheel bearing, we'll replace that for no labor!". I have had some similar scenarios to this as well but I have had some "good shops". Just before I traded in my truck, I had a flat. Brought it to the local "mom and pop shop" and they fixed it for free! I said, let me pay you. They said "no". Needless to say, I will go back to them for other things now.

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been lucky enough to find a few of them as well, although it took a few tries. One of them, to their credit, turned me away with the explanation that they didn't have the equipment to properly diagnose a hybrid. A less honest person would have contracted out the repair and then charged me a markup.

12. FirstFlight

FirstFlight Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If these "friends" were with you in person, they'd be trying to get in your pants. That's why this thread is so long. Like I said, if you were a guy that was fat and hairy, wearing a wife beater with spaghetti stains on it, this thread would be a few pages at most. My comment stands.

13. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I cant believe we are still here :) Have they finished fixing your car yet!:D

And by the way maybe you should change your avatar to your boyfriend and see if the next thread gets as many responses:eek:

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i spent easter in the emergency room with my mom in law who passed out in church.

15. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Very sorry to hear that. I was also in the hospital on Easter with my Mom after she fell and broke her pelvis. Her blood pressure fell to 40/20 which scared the heck out of us for a while. She's doing OK now.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glad to hear it. what an easter!

17. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm going to take exception to this. No.

I know these people. I've spent time with them in person. Real time. I've driven from Washington State to California and back with one of them. I've gotten drunk with most of them. They are, without exception, people of integrity and caring.

Yes, MelissaAnne has a very cute avatar photo, and, yes, these guys are definite flirters, but as their friend, I want you to know that you are totally mistaken about them as people.

Please apologize.

2 people like this.
  18. MelissaAnne

MelissaAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. None of these guys are like this at all. Hyo Silver is like a dad that I can talk to. I enjoy having conversations with adults. None of them are trying anything. It's just pure fun. Nothing bad. Just because of the way I look people think people have the wrong idea. My goodness.

19. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May I suggest::behindsofa: , my friend told me, when he need to get 'proper customer service' he asks dealer to write on paper whats the problem with the car.
    Post issue here :typing:, to get opinion :grouphug: before you say: 'go ahead :decision:- to fix it' -I'll pay $$$.

20. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :eek: what a thread!

I was on the Waikiki beach for an exceptional sunrise service. What a place to have a service!