1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tokyo Motor Show 2015, anyone here going?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone here going?

This is mostly a repeat of Tokyo Motor Show 2015 - My Nissan Leaf Forum.

There's still time to book airplane tickets! It's Oct 29th thru Nov 8th. More info at TOKYO MOTOR SHOW WEB SITE. I plan to spend 2 days there. I specifically will avoid weekends as I worry it'll be too crowded (waiting to get into cars or see them). I will also avoid Nov 3rd (national holiday per Japanese Holidays.)

I posted about it in 2011 at Mark your calendars: Tokyo Motor Show 2011: Dec 3 to 11 - My Nissan Leaf Forum.

Just for kicks, I checked for flights on Kayak between LAX and TYO (all Tokyo area airports, there are two: HND and NRT) and it's possible to get a roundtrip ticket leaving Oct 29th, returning Nov 6th for $611, but it's on Air China and is rather long due it not taking a great route. I still see non-stops for $829 and $856.

If you miss this show, you'll have to wait until 2017. Also, right now, the US $ is strong and Japanese Yen is weak. 1 USD = ~120 JPY. :D I've been there when the exchange rates were like this. I've also been there when it was crap for us Americans: 1 USD = ~80-ish Yen. :(

And, hotel rooms aren't as crazy expensive as you might think. See Tokyo Motor Show 2015 - My Nissan Leaf Forum.

I'll repeat what I wrote before again:
    I HIGHLY recommend the show if you're a car enthusiast and/or if you like seeing Japanese booth babes. :D That said, I wouldn't go only to Japan for a few days at TMS. There's a lot of other cool stuff to see in Japan.