1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tom Cruise sucks

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by benighted, May 9, 2006.

1. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My problem with Tom is that he uses his stardom to advance some idiotic agendas -- most particularly his opposition to psych meds.

I admit that I'm guilty of mentally prescribing Tom lots and lots of lithium carbonate, or maybe 20 mg of intramuscular zyprexa. That's not fair -- I don't really know for a fact that he needs it (although I'll sure bet he does). But he has no right to use his pubic image and clout to defame our already ailing and inadquate mental health infrastructure. Especially when he clearly is talking out of his nice person... or, perhaps that's a Thetan doing the talking? :rolleyes:

2. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Pardon my ignorance, who's Tom Cruise? :huh:

;)

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ May 10 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]252674[/snapback]</div>

RIGHT ON!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 10 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]252651[/snapback]</div>
    And my problem is people who worry about other people who would listen to an actor about ANYTHING other than acting. Serves them right!

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 9 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]252651[/snapback]</div>
    Although I certainly agree that Tom could use some Lithium I disagree with the rest. Our Camp Director (for the developmentally disabled) has the following as her email sig:

There is so much more to be gained from life by being free and able to stand up for oneself and honoring the same right for others.

If someone chooses to waste their lives following someone like him or any "star" for that matter than it is their right. I am always amazed to listen to peoples' conversations about Idol or to get a channel surfing view of Nanny or Fear Factor and see the depths to which people will go for their 5 minutes of fame. I tend to think on the closer to home model of fame and success: drive my Prius, re-cycle what ever I can, be nice to the people in my life, enjoy my friends. Peace :)

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 10 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]252651[/snapback]</div>
    Would you define that as Cruise control? :lol:

6. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 10 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]252651[/snapback]</div>

I agree. I enjoyed his movies prior to that little incident and haven't had much respect for him. As far as Scientology is concerned, that just makes him more of an idiot in my opinion. I really don't have any desire to go watch MI:III or any of his other movies anymore. And the great thing is I don't have to support artists that I think are off the wall with my money.

He has every right to talk about his religous beliefs IMO though, that's not what makes him appear like an idiot to me. Besides what kind of belief would it be if you thought you found the right answer to the important questions in life and kept it to yourself?