1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tomorrow is the big day

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xxxlmpg, May 28, 2006.

1. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 28 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]262057[/snapback]</div>
    Hahahahhahahahahah! Clearly you don't know much about parenting a toddler on long drives. Ours gets O's, rice cakes, water, apple slices and bananas. Actually doesn't cause any problems, since his car seat is so big it catches most dropped stuff. His feet are worse. But, since it is just a freaking car, we don't hand-wring over such trivia.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 29 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]262373[/snapback]</div>
    Guess what, smalller meals, and nutritious snacks are currently thought to be MORE healthful with regards to obesity than rigidly scheduled 'large' meals. You seem to have assumed (nice person being the operative portion of that word) that mike feeds his pop-tarts, or similar.

My kid peacefully munching an unsalted rice cake, or some veggie booty while sipping his water really doesn't bring to mind the word 'slobby'. But you're welcome to refer to him that way in my presence sometime...

So, enlighten us, how many kids have you raised?????? Tell the truth, now...

2. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zacher @ May 30 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]262863[/snapback]</div>
    A 21-month year old who "enjoys using the car as a lunch pail," as stated in the original post, sounds pretty darn 'slobby' to me.

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zacher @ May 30 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]262863[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, 'mike' was not the original poster that I was making comments about, and you equally have nice personumed that the child's automotive lunch pail diet is all the same ultra-low-fat, supposedly 'healthful,' nearly pure carbohydrate treats you seem to think qualifies as a 'smaller meal' or 'nutritious snack.' Only a scant amount of fiber and protein and the rest quickly hits the bloodstream as glucose.

4. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 30 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]262888[/snapback]</div>

:lol: OMG, That is some funny shiznit!

5. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 30 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]262888[/snapback]</div>
    You're right, because that's all he eats. Just what he eats in the car (that's what we were talking about, remember?).

I wonder if this is a good time to tell you that the child's mother is a nutritionist?

The 'lunch pail' comment was obviously a lighthearted way to say, "My kid sometimes snacks in the car."

Let me be the 12 millionth person in your life to tell you to lighten up.

Oh, and how many kids have you raised, again? Forgot to tell us...

6. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zacher @ May 30 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]262942[/snapback]</div>
    Considering the choices of ultra-low-fat 'snacks', how am I not surprised? LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zacher @ May 30 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]262942[/snapback]</div>
    LOL This is all quite amusing to me.