1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TomTom GO 300 & 700 GPS SUPER SALE!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Areometer, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We are proud to announce that TomTom has just lowered its prices on its very popular line of GPS units. Also, if you have noticed over the last few months TomTom has spent millions of dollars on its advertising campaign, making it one of the most recognizable names in GPS.

Check out eBay, check out Amazon and other e-tailers, you will not find prices lower than these (if you do, we'll beat 'em). Please take advantage of this time-sensitive super deal for PriusChat members:

TomTom Go 700 (for USA & Canada use) = $699.00 USD delivered by UPS Ground / MSRP = $799.95 + S&H
    TomTom Go 300 (for USA & Canada use) = $539.00 USD delivered by UPS Ground / MSRP = $599.95 + S&H

NOTE: We only ship to US & Canada addresses.

More TomTom GPS info from TomTom Site.

Our sale prices are valid from now until 2/19/06.

Use our >> Sigma Auto SSL Order Form to manually submit your order. We will consolidate all orders from now until 2/19/06 and will start shipping out a few days after that. You will only be charged on or around 2/19/06 & will be emailed a tracking # once it becomes available.

NOTE: We are authorized TomTom reseller.

Thank you.

Edward

2. cdavid

cdavid Member

So how does the Tom Tom hold up against the Toyota Nav system. I can save $700, but do you give up display resolution, database, usability? I thought about geting a package 6 and adding an aftermarket GPS, but since I have access to neigher, cannot make a decision.

3. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I will help you make your decision easier. I got the '05 Toyota factory GPS (not by will, but I refused to wait 6 months), they let me upgrade the DVD map once. I got more problems as a result like it indicates my Prius as not on the right road when in fact it is. Many smaller suburb roads are missing. Now if I want to upgrade my GPS software again, I need to pay at least $900+ for a damn DVD disc from Toyota! Is this obscene or not?

TomTom gets 3D display. Plus many other functions. Our MFD is already very busy and every time when I'm using the factory GPS, I need to push a few keys to look at my MPG, or to change A/C & audio settings, quite high-tech the 1st week and get very annoying afterwards.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What about the TomTom One? The latest model? Europe only?

5. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. cdavid

cdavid Member

Are there any pictures of a Tom Tom installed in the prius?

The web site doesn't give alot of information about the actual use of the unit. It mentions that there is a 2gig hd database. Doesn't the Prius use a DL dvd rom. What info does the Toyota Nav have that the Tom Tom doesn't? Would I ever need that info?

7. Dripps

Dripps New Member

I will also give the TomTom good marks. My son is using it and also my parents. They are both thrilled and I will say they are easy, clear display, good voices, and portable. They come with car power adaptor but I believe they keep charge for about 13 hours so often won't be necessary to use adaptor. Advantage being you can bring it with you in another car very easily. My parents had bought Magellin (sp?) and after comparing both, decided to go with TomTom, which was also CHEAPER but better for their purposes. I found the directions and maps quite good, although, with ALL GPS units, you will always run into situation where you would have chosen a different alternative or it didn't have every street or POS on the map.

The TomTom 700 (not sure about 300) has built in bluetooth so you can connect with many bluetooth phones and use handfree feature.

I use the built in GPS in my Prius -- but if I didn't buy it with Nav, the TOMTOM would have been my choice.

8. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think there's also an 800 model which will use the BT on your phone to connect to the net and update weather and traffic conditions on the fly. Which may be the coolest thing around for people with long and potentially gridlocked commutes.

9. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't think there is a TomTom Go 800 model. There is a Magellan Roadmate 800 though. Maybe you mixed up the 2?

10. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You're right... It is the TomTom 700 that supports the PLUS services (real time updates).

Any idea if/when TomTom would release the Symbian (mobile) version of their software over here? I'd definitely be interested in that.

11. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

I would like to see a comparison between the Tom Tom 300/700 and the new Lowrance Iway 350c. I checked out the lowrance, and it is really amazing, Navq maps, color, bright screen, 15hr charge. And for 399.00, I'm leaning that way, unless the Tom Tom is that much better some how. I'm buying something next week, let you know.

OUscarb

12. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am getting a package 4 prius (so no built in NAV) and would be interested in getting a good gps nav display but I refuse to pay a minimum $600, that seems absurd to me... cant I get a good one for $200-300???

13. harrv

harrv Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Apr 3 2006, 05:58 AM) [snapback]234094[/snapback]</div>
    About the only good nav system in your price range is the Garmin StreetPilot i3.

I bought a Garmin nuvi 350 and am pretty happy with it, but I wish I had the built-in nav system. That would be even more convenient.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cdavid @ Feb 8 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]206072[/snapback]</div>
    My original plan was to get one without the NAV system and get a third-party. The third-party has the advantage of being cheaper (both in purchase and updates), more features and (if you don't get a built-in like the Pioneer) it's portable. In addition you can have the MFD showing info since the map is on a separate screen. The advantage the Toyota NAV system has is that it's integrated so you don't have to find a spot for the GPS or remove it when you park. The disadvange is that the system is set up so that neither the driver nor the passenger can enter any information while driving. In the 2005 there's a little trick that'll let you do that, but it won't work on the 2006. Whatever you decide is up to you. This is the first GPS system I've had. My next car will have one as well, but whether it's built-in or not is up in the air.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Areometer @ Feb 8 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]206075[/snapback]</div>
    Not that obscene. The update is $250 (less if you look on eBay), not $900+. That's still quite high for an update, I admit. As for having to press buttons, all I do is press the MAP, or INFO or whatever button I need on the steering wheel. That doesn't strike me as that hard to do. :) Still if the GPS display is on a separate screen you have more information at once.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cdavid @ Feb 9 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]206287[/snapback]</div>
    The problem with the Toyota NAV database is that it's a few years old (it listed a restaurant by my house that's been gone for some time). The Tom Tom database is probably more up to date.

15. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like Tom Tom is ready for a new version release soon?
    Blow out the old.....in with the new.....

I recently purchased a 700 for my wifey from Sam's Club $699.......
    Great product......

best part (imo)....very user friendly.....

worst part (imo)....hard to see screen when it's really really sunny!

overall great device!

16. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Your text is clear stating that they're for US and Canada use. I travel to Europe for work about once a year and would love on that I can upload with detailed European streets. Does TomTom have this ability?