1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tonneau cover for 2017 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by judean, Jun 10, 2017.

1. judean

judean New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    we just purchased a 2017 Prius Four. There was no tonneau cover. The dealer said it didn't come with one, but the window sticker and the Prius brochure both say 'cargo area tonneau cover'. What's going on?

georgenc likes this.
  2. kevinwhite

kevinwhite Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It should come with a tonneau cover.

Make sure it isn't in the storage space where the puncture repair kit and jack are kept. There is a cutout in the foam for it.

kevin

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. judean

judean New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you. We did look where the jack is kept. The dealer insists that it doesn't come with it. We have tried asking Toyota customer service to help, but they just passed it on to the Toyota regional office, who passed it on to the dealership. Very frustrating

4. jamiec123

jamiec123 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    My Prius three touring came with one. Although I don't use it. It kinda limits taller items back there.

5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The tonneau cover is listed in Toyota’s parts catalog in Figure 64-04, Deck Board & Deck Trim Cover. The part number is 64910-47060-C0, and the list price $560.71, though I see Toyota dealers selling them online for $380 or so. Both the parts catalog and the sales brochure (p. 21) confirm that it is included in the Four trim level.

More importantly, any vehicle should have all the features and accessories listed on the Monroney label (window sticker), unless there is another label stating that something has been removed or replaced. I’m not aware of any exceptions—indeed, the purpose of those labels is to accurately disclose what you are buying.

If a part or accessory is missing, the dealer should replace it, and if they didn’t lose it, they can submit a warranty claim to Toyota under Toyota Warranty Policy 5.16, “Misbuilt Vehicles.” If they can’t or won’t do this, and Toyota’s call center isn’t helpful, then you might want to consider the California Dispute Settlement Program, which should also be described in one of the brochures that came with the car; this process may take some time, but it’s also something Toyota and the dealer couldn’t ignore.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It fits under the deck, there's a cutout the right shape - my umbrella is there instead. My tonneau lives inside the house, because it really isn't that useful. Give me a lift-up parcel type shelf any day. The Tonneau isn't easy to use 1 handed if you've got something a bit bulky or heavy.
    upload_2017-6-11_11-59-0.png

georgenc likes this.
  7. IAPrius

IAPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It most definitely comes with one - you should throw a fit at the dealer and do all you can with Toyota's customer service line.

georgenc, RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  8. Palgulalitha

Palgulalitha New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi

I had the same issue like you.,i bought the car last month and did not bother about the cover until i read your message.,i called toyota and they referred me to the dealership. The dealer has promised to order and will get it in about a week. Having the maroney sticker with you might help to see if the cover is listed.,

georgenc likes this.
  9. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hopefully it works out well.

You might want to change your profile - it still says "Other Non-Hybrid".

georgenc and RCO like this.
  10. mfgriggs

mfgriggs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I bought a 2017 four touring and it came with the tonneau cover. Is it not part of the touring package?

iPhone ?

georgenc likes this.
  11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh it most definitely comes with one. You should show the dealer the brochure. That's somewhat official (other than whatever they have on the computer online that connects to Toyota's internal website).

Also, for the Four, it should be the roller type tonneau cover (in case they try and pass on the foldable fabric cover that's on the Two, Three and Three Touring)

12. Palgulalitha

Palgulalitha New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    after a month.,i noticed I'm missing the cover seeing your post.,finally the dealer delivered the cover today.,please contact toyota they should be able to help you out

13. judean

judean New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    First thanks to all who contributed to helping solve our problem. For those who may be faced with the same problem, here's the resolution:

We purchased a 2017 Prius 4 from Melody Toyota in San Bruno, CA in early May 2017. The sale price was fair from what we could find out on the web. Our salesman was Sam Abueshsheikh. We decided to buy it. First Sam presented us with a sales contract that included extra warranty and paint protection although we had already told him we did not want either. We persuaded him to take it away and return with an agreement for the car at the agreed price. He complained that they were losing money.

We noticed that there was no tonneau cover. Sam said it did not come with one, although the window sticker said it did. We asked for the second key and Sam said it had been 'mislaid.' He said he would order one. We finally got the second key after a month that included multiple emails and calls. At home we confirmed that the tonneau cover WAS standard for the Prius 4 (Thanks to this Chat group) and emailed Sam asking him to get one. No response. We then emailed the general manager, A.K. Qadir. No response. We started calling the Toyota general Customer Service office in Plano, TX. After several calls from us to Plano and them to Melody, we finally got our cover on June 28

We have now posted reviews for Melody on Yelp, Cars, Bay Area Consumer Checkbook, and Edmunds. We hope to help others avoid the stress we have had. Too bad because we really like the car, but this experience left us with a bad taste.

georgenc, RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.
  14. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dealers can be terrible - and they forget that customers: 1) have long memories of bad experience; and 2) spread the word - whether good or bad, particularly if bad!!!

A TOYOTA dealer not far away had PRIUS in stock when my nearest dealer couldn't get a new PRIUS last year. BUT but because they ripped me off in 1991, I won't ever step foot in the place.

georgenc and Mendel Leisk like this.