1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tooting my own horn...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    I've been published! Check out the article about our club in the Black Hills of SD: http://www.blackhillsportal.com/npps/story.cfm?ID=216

Enjoy! I feel so...so...geeky.

Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius. :wink:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good for you! Well done. Just one question: Who's being quoted here?

And then there's the Chevy/GMC trucks. "Not a hybrid! They just aren't. Basically the engine will stop at stoplights and a battery/motor will restart it as you accelerate. The electric motor in NO way is being used to move the vehicle. These are really not going to be part of our hybrid club. They are just a start/stop type technology."

That's a great quote and many sources have seemed to be very reluctant to state as such this blatantly.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Thoses are my words. And I am wondering how GM can call this a 'hybrid'? As far as they see it, the general public is too easily deceived. Oh well, some get it and others...soon will get it. I bet I 'educate' a person a day at work about the hybrid differences. Most have that deer-in-the-headlights look when you get down to details. Some, though, (the tech geeks, car people) see the Toyota/Escape being the better technology right now. Love my Prius!

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm traveling this week and was out for dinner with a couple coworkers when a Honda Civic hybrid commercial came on the tv. One of the guys jokingly said, "look, Tony; it's the competition."

The other guy didn't know I own I Prius so I started giving the short hybrid schpeal indicating that the Honda hybrid system isn't a true hybrid like the Prius.

His response? That I was being elitist and that I should support the hybrid movement and its acceptance.

In the first place, I do support the widespread acceptance of hybrid technology. Secondly, I was not intending to dog on the Honda, just stating facts. Thirdly, this guy seemed like the perfect candidate to believe that there is no difference between cars (or trucks) when the word 'hybrid' is stamped on their bumper. Oh well.

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman\";p=\"51151)</div>
    The GM marketing folks studied under P.T. Barnum.