1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Top Southern California Toyota Dealers?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Lafferty, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone,

I am thinking about placing an order for the 2010 Package II. Can anyone recommend a good dealer or sales person in one of the many Southern California Toyota dealers?

I live in Venice, but I'm willing to drive far if the dealer has a great reputation.

Thanks.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought my 08 at NoHo Toyota. Delt with "Eric", and I got a great deal. I live down the street from Bob Smith Toyota in La Crescenta, GREAT service, their salesman wasn't listening to me however when it came to talking price.

Try a internet thing, you might be surprised at what happens. There is also the FCostco, and AAA discounts to consider!!

Good Luck

3. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the response KK6PD.

4. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got off the phone with a local dealer. They are expecting to start selling the G3 by the first week of June. He also said that the current prices here on P.C. do not include destination, and obviously floor mats and other accessories.

I got on their waiting list, and should get updates soon. Really don't want to put a $500 deposit down before I test drive the G3.

5. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can anyone else recommend a good Southern California dealer? thx

6. liverbomb88

liverbomb88 Push the Button!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After you decide you are serious about buying, email all of the dealers' internet managers within an acceptable radius for a quote on the model/options you want. It will also help to check out the online inventory of various dealers to see if they actually have a car in the color and options you want on the lot. Then take the best price you get on round 1 and send the new price to other dealers again for round 2. Keep doing this (online or by phone) until you get a fair price that's acceptable to you, hopefully at the dealership you like best. I would not do significant negotiations at the dealership...do that before going there.

Didn't buy ours from an LA dealership, but did get price quotes from Cerritos and Longo. Longo had a huge inventory and quoted us a very good price (that we used to negotiate at our local dealerships). Even if you end up buying at a distant dealership, you still can get the car serviced at the dealership closest to you. I prefer to buy and service my cars from the same dealer, but that's just me.

7. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's a great idea liverbomb88.

Last night I made a spreadsheet of all the dealers within a 100 mile radius, and I plan on contacting their internet departments soon. It's amazing how many Toyota dealers are here.

8. pumpkin21

pumpkin21 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    would it be too much to as for that spreadsheet? LOL i'm starting to look for a new 09 and i'm having a hard time keeping track of all the dealers in socal.. =X

9. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I compiled a spreadsheet with about 60 Southern California Toyota dealers. I only plan on contacting between 10-20. So far, I've noticed that Toyota Santa Monica plans on selling the Gen III above MSRP. A few others haven't said they will, but admit that the initial launch will have a lot of port added accessories.

I believe that it'll be easier to find a better deal farther inland.

10. Kapena Gary

Kapena Gary New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I emailed Eddie Afra at Longo Toyota in El Monte. I live in Santa Barbara but they are so big I figured I would have a better chance of getting what I want from a large dealership.

Anyway, he called me about 30 seconds after my email. (I was already on their waiting list since last August.) He said he has ordered the car I want, Prius IV, Grey, Nav Package, and that they were selling at MSRP. He said that Longo won't be adding anything to the car but that the Toyota distributor for southern California may add things at the port before they get the car.

He sounded straight up and honest. I've heard other good remarks about Longo. They are probably worth a call if you are in that area.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  11. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I e-mailed Eddie as well. Apparently Longo is having a bunch of potential Gen III owners test drive it on 6/3.

Did they make you put a deposit down? I won't put anything down until I test drive it.

Good luck to you too.

12. Kapena Gary

Kapena Gary New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No deposit. I think he knows that I'm buying (at MSRP) when the car I want comes in. I have no problem putting down a refundable deposit if they asked.

I hadn't heard about the test drive but I will be out of country anyway.

13. nuggetmonkey

nuggetmonkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've put a deposit down for the 2010 package IV at Hollywood Toyota. I admit I didn't shop around too much for the G3, but their price was MSRP plus a few factory installed options (mats, security system).

14. i3akachan

i3akachan i love my new prius:)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mossy Toyota (San Diego) matched the Costco discount when I told them that Carlsbad Toyota was going to sell me a car w/ the Costco program.

Mossy's sales people are awesome. They're not pushy or anything. They're super chill and helpful.

It's the finance guy that's annoying. I felt like half the time he didn't know what he was saying and he talked too fast (he was quoting things left and right, making up features that weren't at the car when they were, etc.) Just make sure when you go in you know what you want so you don't get caught up w/ the finance guy's talk. I accidentally bought the extended warranty from him. Now I'm going to cancel it through Toyota and re-buy it from Warranty Shack.

So the price he quoted on the warranty was $1850, and he "knocked off $425" to give it to me for $1425 (75000 miles/7years). So I thought I was getting a good deal until I came home and checked the Toyota Financial website that I only got $75 off: Toyota Financial Services. So I got a quote from Warrany Shack and found out I could cancel the original one and re-purchase the same exact warranty for $760. (By the way, if you are going to buy from Warranty Shack, do NOT tell your dealer to price match... just say you'll think about buying it later on. Warranty Shack doesn't want dealers to know that they can give you the same thing for a much better price).

I think that maybe they have this good-cop, bad-cop thing going on w/ the sales and finance guys so that they can get customers to drop more money.

15. medxproductions

medxproductions Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a Prius IV Blizzard Pearl w/ Solar Sunroof Package reserved at Frontier Toyota in Valencia. They are selling at MSRP. Sales people were ok, but nothing special.

I spoke with NoHo Dealership and they were getting the same Prius that I have coming in (only thing different is the leather color). Their price MSRP + $4500!!! Yikes!

16. sherriec22

sherriec22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been checking around also in So Calif. NoHo and Keyes are not good choices....go with Hollywood Toyota, or Dianne at Manhattan Beach, she said you tell her which options you want on and those are the ones she'll have installed at the port, otherwise none if that's what you want. Both will ask for a refundable deposit, but only sell at MSRP and no games or add on's.

17. firecracker_rc

firecracker_rc New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Agreed.

18. sphereman

sphereman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Torrance DCH Toyota was great.
    Worked with David Martines in the internet sale dept.

Got a price quote via email/phone, got pre-approval on the loan online, got to the dealership and signed the papers. That was it. Spend literally 30 min. inside the dealership.

19. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jacob :welcome: You have a bunch of catching up to do. Plan to spend several hours on past posts. You will find we are a group that loves to add Mods, Get Hi MPG numbers, and generally hate Hummers, well me not so much! You will enjoy the threads, now get to readin! :D
    Take a moment to say hi to Dianne Whitmire, she is our High PRIUStess when it comes to all things Prii Purchase related! :D

20. JacobStahler

JacobStahler New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Four

I will for sure. I found this to be the Prius forum with the most information on it.

School me!