1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

topspeed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toolbox, Oct 2, 2004.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    one question at a time guys.. lol.. I was being safe while achieving these speeds. Actualy, i was racing an M3. I used to race cars all the time in my old car (lincoln Mark VII) which did 130 in 3rd. This is why i have two speeding tickets on my record. There are only a few spots i can achieve speed like this in the prius and only at certain times of the day. The prius is not exactly easy to get up to 100+ which i like. or else i would be going that fast. I'm actualy confortable doing the speed limit in this car. I feel better when not speeding.

Thanks for the point :) woohoo! hehe

[email protected] there's the email to get decal/stickers

Isn't the break in period officialy over by 5,000 miles. I didn't test high speed till i almost had 5,000 on the odo. I mean.. i made the mistake of going 95 on the way home when i baught the car.. everyone was doing 85 to 90.. and the car is such a smooth ride.. i looked down and.. oops.. speeding.. a lot

As for where i achieved this speed last time.. yes.. last time.. i've done this i think twice now. I was up in boulder creek off 9.. and on the way home i wanted to take 17.. well.. when seventeen starts to make bigger curves and closes in.. and gets flat down by las gatos... you can go quicker.. if you achieve high speed 80.. which traffic moves that fast sometimes... then when you get near that flatter area, just floor it.. the battery will start to drain but you'll get your max.. i wouldn't hold it at max though. Just a second or so. The first time was on 5.. again racing a bmw.. hehe.

Hey, i'm getting better with not speeding. I think my car is getting used to it actualy. I get in the 50's (mpg) when doing 65, 70, 75 mph

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually someone has done exactly that in order to determine how the car reacts when the traction battery is taken out of the loop.

the car will get 18 mpg as tested on a closed circuit] 102 mph. realize that when the traction battery is drained to a certain point, the car will lose the battery's input and be slower. that is why some report higher speeds.

they also noted that the acceleration went from 9.3 to 11.2 sec from 0-60 from fully charged traction battery to a discharged one.

3. edoggsmooth

edoggsmooth New Member

Fastest I've ever gone was 109mph down hill in Wyoming and Montana.

I tried desperately to get it up higher but to no avail.

Oh yeah, I also spent two days in a Montana jail for my trouble, in addition to mulitple tickets for speeding and reckless driving in Montana and Wyoming.

My advice: If you are gunna go that fast, do it in a state where you wont't get collared.

-ed

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sorry to hear that. yeah.. after speeding a little bit ago.. after racing the M3.. i had a close encounter and decided i really don't need to be speeding anymore. Now you'll find me usualy cruising around or under the speed limit. If there are a lot of cars, i'll go as fast as traffic. I need to build my patience level back up. But this car takes to much patience some times.