1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Torklift EcoHitch vs UHaul (2021 AWD LE)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by banesong, Feb 4, 2021.

1. banesong

banesong New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Howdy.

Although I have seen multiple threads, I have not directly seen this question asked. How much ground clearance is really saved by the EcoHitch Hidden vs the ones sold/installed at UHaul. While I can see that the Stealth may give better clearance, apparently they do not offer that model currently. I am not sure that the added cost is really worthwhile.

Additionally, if anyone knows the actual level of effort to install the EcoHitch (I asked for a copy of the install instructions, but they have not yet provided them), I would appreciate it.

2. neiman

neiman New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I got the EcoHitch installed this summer. (regular, not stealth). I didn't install it myself, so I can't comment on the install. It's not an easy job. I know you have to pull the bumper for sure (and I think you may have to unbolt the muffler/move some exhaust components as well).

As for ground clearance, let me get back to you on that. My vehicle is the AWD drive version, so I already have an inch of extra clearance in the back. But I have never had any concern about ground clearance. I can take some photos and measurements for you and get back to you.

banesong likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  4. neiman

neiman New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius