1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Torque app reports test fail, no Engine Check Light?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by George W, Jul 8, 2018.

1. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My new-to-me 08 Prius has been running smoothly, except that its mpg is a tad low from pulished specs. I purchased Torque Pro, and ran the Vehicle Test. Off all the items, there is 1 test that is reported as either 'Test incomplete or dependant test failed" Everything else Torque scans for, gets a green check mark.

The test is:

MID: $02 TID:$8b
    O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2

Is this a test that applies to a Gen 2 Prius? Woudn't a fail of an O2 sensor tripper a CEL? When I googled this test, didin't find much other than a youtube video of an owner changing a sensor that appeared directly-connected from the catalytic convertor, thru the floor board, to a wire on the the front passenger-side 'hump'.

When I got the car, I did some minor maintenance; tires, air filter, MAS clean, and Torque to scan for faults. This one fail is the only item that Torque reported.

Is this an applicable test, or how do I reference this reported fail to an actual O2 sensor? Could this be a contributor to my 38 MPG? Thank you.

2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OOPS! Really wrong forum for an 08. Try again in the Gen 2 forum.

3. SteveCobb

SteveCobb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    George, hi there. I couldn't determine if you ever figured this out and I'd be much obliged if you were to help me out. Your post is the only mention of this specific issue I've found, anywhere.
    Torque is giving me the same results on my 08 Prius. Mpg's have dropped significantly over last few months. Battery looks to be okay, so I'm wondering if it could truly be a faulty O2 sensor. No engine lights either. Please and thank you!

Stephen