1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Torque Pro and Gen II pids.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Simon Gen II, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Simon Gen II

Simon Gen II New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm stumped with this problem.

I've run TP for many years with an ELM 327 adapter until recently. The bluetooth side of the adapter gave up so I got a new one from Amazon and installed it expecting everything to be as it was before.
    The adapter paired and the profile loaded but for some reason none of my HV meters are reading. All the generic sensors are fine so revs, coolant temp etc but none of the "add in" PIDs show as available.
    At first I blamed the adapter, ordered a different one, installed, paired and found the same result, no prius extended data.
    I disconnected the battery in the hope that it might be an ECU problem, left it for 10 mins and reconnected without change.
    I'm now not sure where to go with this, I 've looked in here and on the TP forums but nothing seems to give an answer.
    Any pointers or ideas please?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's time to move on to a better app. TP isn't regularly maintained by the app owner. It also gives questionable readings at times. It's really one of the least worthy apps to use for a Prius compared to Dr. Prius App or Hybrid Assistant app.

SFO and Todd Allan McIntyre like this.
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Had a similar situation with a 1usd (now 2usd) blue tooth adapter not offering the resistance, honestly can't remember if there was a fix.

Years later the same blue tooth adapter may have failed, polluting the CAN bus and potentially causing extreme problems.

FYI : your posts are being moderated until you've reached five (5) postings.

#3 SFO, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I presume you have this line in a file that you cut and paste. There is a typo, it should read FYI: Your posts ... Just thought I'd mention it as now that I've noticed it I can't unnotice it. :oops::whistle:(y)

SFO likes this.
  6. Simon Gen II

Simon Gen II New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all your posts.

I guess I'll get down and dirty and start looking at the canbus. I'll check terminations and then have a look at the data and make sure it's being a nice balanced network.
    I saw somewhere that the diagnostics port was a buffered connection to the main buss, providing the potential for everything on the canbus side to be ok but with the buffered port not reading correctly. I have a full wiring diagram so I'm just being lazy asking here when I should dig out the drawings but if anyone knows I'd appreciate the info.

This feels like a buss problem as I've just scanned the buss and found only the engine ECU, no brakes, not transmission or anything else remotely intelligent so time to actually do some work.

7. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you can scan data from the engine computer then I would be looking first at what adapter you are using. Some ELM chipsets only will address the engine computer, not secondary systems like ABS, transmission, (or hybrid stuff). The engine ecu talks on the CAN bus (as well as ABS, hybrid control and HV battery ecu., etc) which is hardwired to the OBD2 port at pins 6 & 14. If there was a problem with the bus preventing comm with modules then you wouldn't have any data from the engine computer either.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.