1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Total Failure with PIP Preporder

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by andyprius, Jan 26, 2012.

1. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After attempting for more that three weeks to pre-order, then going to the internet representative at Magnussen, having them also fail to assist me with the pre-order procedure, on line and also failing to order on line themselves. then having the Internet rep, call Toyota at Torrance, and that contact reaffirming to myself and the interner representative at Magnussens Toyota, at Auburrn, that I had a a PIP on preorder and that everything was in order. And my preorder was succesful. I payed my $500 down and assumed everthing was fine. Now I find out thru Erica Gartbeyn that certain online procedures were nor performed and that I am not on the waiting list for the the 2012 Pip at all.......she did say, Sorry too bad, etc. This was of course why the dealer contacted Torrance in the first place. Very efficient system Toyota. Congratulations! :mad: 1030 27 JAN. UPDATE: Got off the phone with my dealer and he tells me there is no problem with my order and assured me I would get his first car. Although Ericas information was not accurate for my order she probably did not realize that my dealer Andy Guerrero had used another source which did not show up on her internet listing, so she knew nothing of my order. Anyway Erica, I thank you for your effort.

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Did Erica mention which online procedures were not performed? Have you possible discussed with Magnussen Toyota if you could be placed at the top of their "waiting list"?

3. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, the dealer had already rec a confirmation on my order directly from Torrance by phone. The dealer had already experienced total failure on line.. this was of course WHY on line procedures could not be complied with. I have Emailed Magnussen and am awaiting for thier reply.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry about that. I hope your order gets corrected pronto.

1 person likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry about that andy, you deserve better. if you want to fly out, you can have mine and drive it back. i can wait for another. :)

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Man that sucks. :(

7. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I am sorry that the pre-order system didn't work out for you. That must be very frustrating.

At least there still should be plenty of cars since they didn't even sell the 5,000 we thought we would be limited to. If Toyota can't line you up for a car soon, I would recommend that you talk with Dianne at Carson Toyota. She is an awesome person to work with and I bet she will have several people cancel their pre-order.

Don't give up hope! I'm sure you will be able to drive on pure EV not too much longer than the rest of us! :)

8. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thankyou Bisco, that was very generous of you. I will no doubt solve the whole issue, one way or the other. Right now I am waiting to listen to my dealer. Thanks again. Andy. :cheer2:

9. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I find it so incredible that Toyota can be so incrdibly ineficient and be so totally unaware of customers concerns. The whole affair makes Toyota look absolutely " non-compas mentas " as well as totally blind and deaf to customer concerns. :mad::mad::mad:

10. moolman

moolman Member

Andy,
    I'm in the Sac area too. I started the thread about canceling my pre-order, I'm at about 60-70% at canceling my order. PM me if you are interested in a Blizzard Pearl Advanced package, maybe you can just take the one I ordered. :p

11. moolman

moolman Member

And I would like to add that I mentioned in the pre-order thread that I thought that Auburn Toyota were a bunch of clowns and not surprised that they would screw something up..haha.. after going in to the dealership before the preorder started. They are a hobunk dealership, in a small town, that is as slick as any dealership you've ever seen.

12. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    All,

Let me say this, I have been looking into this since Andy PM'd me about this issue, but I'll share with you what I sent to him. From where I sit, all of the online activity data points to the final order was never confirmed. Andy's order shows up as being initiated but his dealer does not show up as ever approving it, which means he could not final confirm online and therefore the order shows up as expiring 96 hours later, as the system was set up to do.

Andy, I'm investigating where this could have gone wrong, but as the order site is closed now, and the order is not with the factory, all we can do is try to help you get a car as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will continue to look into where things could have broken down for you and as I mentioned and others have stated, there will certainly be cars to be had once we start producing and delivering them.

Thanks for your patience,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

2 people like this.
  13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They are the only ones I trust with my labor needs except Folsom Lake Toyota. When I needed my transaxle flushed, every dealer between Fairfield and Auburn were giving me quotes of $280-$300 even after I told the there is no warmup cycle required like on the Tacomas. The only one who quoted me correctly was Magnusson. I guess their service center is better than their sales center. :( sucks because I think my boss went to school with the Internet sales manager there so they are kinda friends. lol

14. moolman

moolman Member

I'm not unreasonable to think they can't do something right. They do stay in business so I'm sure there are plenty of people that never had problems with them. But I'm just giving my experience with them and I'm not surprised at all that they screwed this up for Andy. I spoke to them a week before the preorder started and I ran from the dealership. And to be fair, there are people who did not have problems with them here on PC. Also, let's be fair to the dealership, Andy did you not get the confirmation emails and didn't the Toyota website say order confirmed. I would not have taken Auburn Toyotas word for what happened. Those clowns told me that they could take a car away from someone who preordered and give it to me if they had to. That's when I told the clowns.. wth.. so that means you'd try to do that with me.

15. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry about the bad luck.

IMHO, it seems that the weakest link in this system is the dealer.

there are some, maybe most, dealers that are honest and who attract repeat business by treating their customers like clients and who conduct their business like members of the community, instead of the salesman portrayed by William H Macy in "Fargo".

We met a Toyota dealer on vacation in a Western themed ranch setting for city folk, and both my wife and i tended to keep him at arms reach. It wasn't the trout that seemed cutthroat.

Our dealer we use at home, Marietta Toyota, treats us like part of the family; we get birthdays cards!

For Toyota Marketing:
    The "Digital Divide" among dealerships is still very apparent, and until the dealer system is trained, and accepts that maybe we as web-savvy consumers know more than they do, these issues will still happen.

Just as now not all Toyota Dealers participate in the car buying service from the warehouse clubs, I just don't think that all are willing or able to participate in the Online Preorder process.

Add that to the survey i just sent back.

16. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please see update.. #1 Post :cheer2:

17. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Glad everything worked out.. now back to waiting for delivery :)

18. moolman

moolman Member

Andy is getting his car alright, he's going to get one of the ones that someone else ordered. I'd be worried if I ordered a car from Auburn right about now. If you read my post in the other thread, I didn't order from them because the manager told me, he would make sure I got their first car and he could take it from someone else if he had too. That's when I said how do I know you won't jack my car and that's when I left. Wow... same story given to another customer. Andy, I posted my story months ago about Auburn Toyota and you just got the same story. I'd double check that order if I were you.. haha

19. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I lived in Sacramento for 5 years and had I still been there I would have taken the trip south just to use Dianne and know everything would be done fast and proper the first time. Just me...

20. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I really hate it when businesses send birthday cards. That's just a reminder that they have my personal information on file. A business that wastes money just makes me less likely to do business with them.