1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Totalled 2014 Toyota Prius - Salvage Title

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusdonkey, Feb 8, 2015.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I'd take the money, give them the car and switch brands, blech.

2. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i thought about switching brands, just not sure what to buy? The volt is okay just not worth the money and the tesla is nice if your a millionaire, but I drive 200-300 miles in a day sometimes so a straight electric vehicle is impractical. Anyhow the car is gone this morning, they put it on a flatbed and hauled it away. A used low mileage Volt for under 15,000 seems like the best of both worlds, just a bit short in storage. And the all gas mileage is not great.

on top of the $23,200 i got I am also getting back most of my $1,000 on my factory extended warranty.

As far as the bugs, they have the lemon law in california, so if there is a problem they have to address it. The Prius is a Toyota so i don't force issue that you would have with a GM or Ford product.

#22 priusdonkey, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. Redpoint5

Redpoint5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In what way does the Prius fail your driving needs?

4. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It was a good car. Reliable, economical and efficient transportation. Not terribly exciting to drive unless I had it pegged through a decreasing radius turn entering the freeway at 48 mph listening to the tires squeal. I usually had the back loaded down with tools which helped with the handling. The other exciting times was filling up. It was stingier than I am, 50mpg would make anyone happy. Chic magnet. Don't think so.

I'm probably going to buy a used 2012 - 2013 used Chevy Volt. They can be had for around $15k or less. The gen 2 is coming out in 2015 Asa a 2016 model so more improvements which makes the gen soft. So lower prices soon as people will trade up for the newer car.

Im also contemplating a new gen4 Prius. Just depends on what the dealers are willing to do on discounting the upcoming model.