1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch 2 with Go Plus keeps forgetting login credentials

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by The Professor, Jun 2, 2018.

1. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    So I have the Toyota Touch 2 with Go Plus on my Toyota Prius Excel (edit) here in the UK. In the Connectivity settings, you can connect your phone to it via BlueTooth or WiFi so it can download traffic information and speed camera locations.

But, if you also enter your Toyota Online login details in those settings, you can do stuff like configure a few car settings via the website, and also from your PC create Sat Nav waypoints/addresses, and routes, which all magically appear on our car when you get into it and it connects to your phone's internet connection. It all works great!

Apart from the fact that I have to keep re-entering my username and password in the Sat Nav for my Toyota Online account. Despite checking the box that says "Remember username and password", it seems that after some time (days, weeks?) the car forgets it.

What's weird is that I know it remembers the login for a short while. I just checked now, and after a couple of hours of the system being off and it still logs in fine, and you can see my username and a bunch of **********s for the password. But in the last 5 or 6 weeks of ownership I've had to re-enter the username and password three times now. When this happens, all of those details are blank, and the "Remember username and password" box is unchecked. It's doing this itself - nobody else uses the car.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions / suggestions?

#1 The Professor, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    RCO likes this.
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Same as my entune. It stays logged in for a day or two sometimes, but then wants that full login again. It’s so lame.

RCO likes this.
  3. The Professor

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Especially if you use a secure password, like me. 20 random characters, upper and lower case, symbols, and numbers. Takes forever to enter. Time to change it to something easy like "abc123" :(

Pixel 2 ?

krmcg and RCO like this.
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Somewhat off-topic, but my 2016 Business Edition only has Touch-2 with no Go associated. I see that yours is a 2017 but you also show it as an Excel in your profile - not a Biz Edn. So easy to confuse me. (n)

The Professor likes this.
  5. The Professor

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Oh it's an Excel. My bad. That's what having two insane infants keeping you awake all night does to you :D

Pixel 2 ?

RCO likes this.
  6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL. Understand exactly what you mean. I simply remember when I had to endure the process many, many years ago! :sleep:

The Professor likes this.
  7. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    As far as I know mine stays logged in as I can always seen the traffic alerts on the Sat Nav screen. Also all the apps are available to be used, including what, fuel prices etc.

The only time I have to intervene is when I want to connect my phone to my dash cam to get footage off it. I have to turn my hotspot off on the phone, then once I am done getting my footage I reconnect to my phone again.

8. The Professor

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    You don't need to log in for those functions to work, they're tied to the Sat Nav automatically. You only need your Toyota login for transferring settings, waypoints, and routes that you create via a browser.

Pixel 2 ?

krmcg likes this.
  9. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    In that case I am still logged in as I have sent Sat Nav instructions quite often. I can also adjust various settings for the car.

RCO and The Professor like this.
  10. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Double checked this morning, found the Toyota Online settings and I am still logged in, so I guess its been like that since I added the details when got the car in March 17 (y)

RCO, krmcg and The Professor like this.