1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch Screen Audio Speed Override?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mobalized, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that with a Nav system you can override the speed detection that locks out some functions. However, I have a 2012 Prius two with touch screen audio and hate that my bluetooth phone functions get locked out when moving. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this so that the dial pad/contacts are accessible when moving?

2. Gregg Symington

Gregg Symington Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Mobalized

Mobalized Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks ridiculously difficult... Probably not worth doing for me.

4. thordehr

thordehr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It IS a lot of effort to make it so you can something less safely while you're driving.
    That said, I did hack the pioneer deck in my Jetta to engineering mode so I could do just that. ;)

5. Mobalized

Mobalized Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was hoping for some service menus or something.

6. Martin Leduc

Martin Leduc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, unfortunately not. I've sent an Email to Toyota on this and they said "...we have do this following the cellular regulation in many country...". I've answered "of course, dialing directly to the cell phone it's really secured, even more secured than having a look on the road while driving using the touch screen. o_O"

I've found on EBay a complete new radio made in china who it seems do the job for a correct price, for me. I'll keep you in touch if it's working, if, of course, I buy it.