1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch Screen MFD Calibration doesn't stay calibrated 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ace, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ace

ace A mini-tank with snow tires

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have managed to re-calibrate my 2008 Prius touch screen on the Multi Function Display (MFD) 3 times and it doesn't stay calibrated. It will stay calibrated for only part of a day. I also disconnected the battery 3 times to try and reset the touch screen, sometimes this works, usually not. The touch screen is so far off that when I touch the left side of the screen it selects a button on the right side of the screen.

Has anyone had this same or similar issue and figured out what to repair or replace? My starting battery was replaced with a new one just months ago.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it's broken, just buy a used one to replace it.

Sometimes a dirty screen will affect it

3. ace

ace A mini-tank with snow tires

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK. Good idea

I found a used module (the entire module with the housing and screen) on ebay for $170. Is that a decent price?

Also see you can purchase just the LCD screen which is brand new for $90. has anyone had any experience replacing just the LCD screen?

I would hate to replace this module or the screen and still have the same issue, is the calibration issue because of the LCD itself or because of some computer behind the scene?