1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch Up Paint Doesn't Match

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PiPLosAngeles, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  2. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Don't worry about color matching perfectly, just find a similar color that's close and respray the whole thing…

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just a thought, very likely not applicable, but:

With one "new" car purchase we made, decades back, a few months later I started noticing weird stuff. For example, I put on some masking tape to help align some wheel well protection I was going to apply, and when I pulled the tape off some paint came off with it. Gradually started realizing something was awry, finding flaking paint, dissimilar undercoat color, sanding marks.

Turned out the car had sideswiped a door or bulkhead or something, just getting off the ship. It had been repainted at or near the dock where it was unloaded. It was pointed out to me in the fine print of the standard new car purchase contract: that the car can have endured up to 20% of it's retail value in repairs before it has to be acknowledged to the purchaser.

Anyway, that aside, we traded in on the spot, got a good deal on a replacement.

(btw, just noticed there's a very nice on-the-fly spellchecker at work in the editor window. Kudos to the moderators! Spelling was never my strong suit ;))