1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

touchscreen intermittent failure

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by sweart, Nov 1, 2019.

1. sweart

sweart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The touchscreen on my 2019 Prime sometimes goes nuts -- it does not respond to touches, the navigation view shifts every few seconds from place to place (sometimes in another state) with beeps. This typically happens after driving a couple of hours. It gradually restores functions over half an hour. But until then there's no climate control, no radio, no navigation, and distracting beeps that sound like driving error signals. I've been to the Toyota dealer three times, with videos showing what happens. They say because they can't reproduce it in the shop -- well, long story, they seem to just hope I will go away. I don't feel safe driving llike this.

Anyone have this problem?

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Could be simply a loose or faulty connection, but with three failed attempts to duplicate the problem I'd be inclined to demand they escalate to higher level. It's not only an unacceptable situation, but has the potential to be a dangerous distraction.

vvillovv likes this.
  3. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Do you have anything touching the screen or putting pressure ion it from above? I haven't seen the problem, but I've seen it on touchscreen computers. The only other thing could be moisture causing it. (other than a bad screen that is)

4. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    if I had that problem with my car and I'd taken it to the dealer 3 times, I'd call Toyota Customer Care.
    Explain to them the touch screen malfunction as best as you can verbally. If it were me I'd also leave out the details of the video you took and the 3 trips to the dealer, until they ask you about them.
    Best of Luck.

Bob Comer likes this.