1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tough time hooking in booster seat

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by gray2012pip, Apr 21, 2012.

1. gray2012pip

gray2012pip Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We're having a devil of a time hooking the seat belt across our son's booster seat. The receptacle for the seat belt doesn't protrude much, and when we reach across to put the buckle in, it pushes down into the seat to the point that the buckle can't be inserted! We have to reach across the seat and the kid, grab the receptacle, and then insert the buckle. Ugh, what a pain! Does anybody have a solution for this, perhaps some sort of collar that could be installed around the receptacle to keep it from receding?

2. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This isn't really going to help, but it's just a question of getting the right angle when you push the tab end into the buckle. When I got my car a couple of months ago, at first my son struggled like crazy and just could not get the buckle to latch, but he didn't have the tab lined up with the slot so he was just pushing the buckle down into the seat. After showing him how to do it and some experimenting, now he can do it with no problem.

Hopefully you'll have a similar experience, and once you guys figure it out it will be pretty easy!

1 person likes this.