Touring B-Type Rear Spoiler Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Jun 25, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Ron Paul 2012

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well here is part of my birthday present from myself. My other present from me was the Ver A. front spoiler but I will be putting it on on my vacation. :) Oh and my parents got me an atomic watch. B) and my brother got me a compression crimper and fittings for RG59, RG6, and BNC. :)

I just finished my install of the B-Type rear spoiler thats available on the Touring car edition in Japan. The installation was very easy after getting the lower rear panel off. darelldd I know how you feel now. Those damn things almost seemed super glued to the car! I broke 1 clip in the process of taking it off but other than that it was easy. I hot glued the piece back onto the panel so I could still have a good connection and so the panel wont rattle around back there when driving. If I take it off again I know its going to break but I can just hot glue it again if necessary. The spoiler is a direct replacement for the stock spoiler so you can follow the spoiler removal process thats in the repair manual. You can get that here. http://techinfo.toyota.com I don't have much else to say about it other than IT LOOKS GREAT! B) Soon I will have a one of a kind Prius if not already. :) Unless [ you ] copies everything I do. :angry: ;) Just a [ you ] tag joke. YOU can copy me if you want.

Here are some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and until the 2007 model comes out ;).

Thanks for the pics! Looks great and noticeably longer.

3. prdunson

prdunson New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 25 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]276507[/snapback]</div>
    prdunsondoes not want to copy anyone i just want my spoiler back like it used to be not crashed

4. cagemo

cagemo New Member

ha! ya caught me looking! it's sweet, but it makes your butt look bigger. not going there. ;)

5. clarkeb

clarkeb New Member

Would it be terrible to just remove the spoiler? I bet it would make the back much more smooth...

6. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

nice and streamline, improves on the lines that are already there and that's why I like it.

7. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    theforce you are TOO LATE !!!!!
    I already installe the Z-type "bonneville" edition spoiler from Japan TRDAZEDFRDSSSSKLLJI group.
    Muuu hahhh haahhhhh
    p.s. After seeing the red color of theforce's Prius I had mine repainted to match.

8. TheForce

TheForce Ron Paul 2012

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 25 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]276507[/snapback]</div>
    If I want to copy me I can and I cant stop me! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OK I had some fun with the [ you ] tag. :D I'll change it now so others dont get the wrong idea. :) I dont mind if anyone wants to copy what I do. :)

9. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clarkeb @ Jun 25 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]276590[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. The spoiler is critical to proper airflow over the car. To remove it would make it LESS aerodynamic.

10. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh yeah, the [ you ] tag, dohhhh.

11. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Spoiler looks great!!
    I want it! hahaha

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JaviNOS @ Apr 10 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]421221[/snapback]</div>
    go ahead. you can order it via Sigma Automotive or JapanParts or Carson Toyota (California).

13. e28to08Prius

e28to08Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey, helpful post! Perhaps I missed it but where did you get that B-type spoiler? Did it come painted already? How much did it set ya back and the lens was included, right? I'd even be happy with a source to get a regular spoiler that comes pre-painted, or even a salvaged black spoiler...wife backed out of the garage w/the hatch open on our 3-month old Prius, DOH! Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

14. TheForce

TheForce Ron Paul 2012

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. e28to08Prius

e28to08Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks! Of course after I submit my question I see page 2 where someone asked the same thing...sorry! There were 5 mounting points, right? I think some of mine were striped out in the accident. Did any mounting hardware come with it?

16. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i have the touring (which has the larger spoiler) and i'm actually contemplating getting the smaller one... mainly because when i get my car washed (i live in an apt with no hose connectors so i can't wash it myself) the glass right under the spoiler never gets cleaned and/or rinsed off. boo.

then again, it probably doesn't make that much of a difference from one size spoiler to the next

17. RatedN

RatedN New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I know what you mean! Actually, I have the small spoiler and that still happens. I'll see them swipe a towel across the rear window and as soon as I drive off, my spoiler starts crying onto the glass.