1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring Package 3 ptions, need to decide quick

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by spidey, Jul 21, 2008.

1. spidey

spidey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanx for the advice. Dealer has a 700$ handling fee of some sort and another 700 for toyoguard. I ordered a pkg 3 non touring but now after reading thinking touring may have been a better choice. Oh well I am hoping the one I ordered shows up soon and with gas prices stable or dropping hoping maybe others come avail with room to negotiate.

2. lcoalcat

lcoalcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The Prius I was offered was pretty loaded on the inventory list listed on the web (mudguards, xm radio, rear bumper protector, etc., etc.) I took the car and the next day when I looked at it again on the website all of the options were gone!?!? I called the dealer for an explanition and he said he took them off since he didn't think I wanted to spend all of that money and sometimes Toyota loaded the cars up. According to him, the cars are shipped from Japan with the particular color and package and, for this area, everything else is added in Jacksonville

JM Family.com

I had him put some things back on, and depending on your dealer you may have more options and choices than you think.

3. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Over the last couple of weeks, crude oil prices have actually fallen by about 15%. Assuming a linear price relationship between crude oil prices and gasoline at the pump, the price of gas at the pump should drop from $ 4.50 (here in the Silicon Valley) to about $ 3.80. (See the URL below for more info on oil prices.) If that should occur, I'm willing to bet the the very high demand for Prius automobiles will subside and you will be in a better position to negotiate a more favorable price.

Oil sinks on supply report - Jul. 23, 2008

Keith

4. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks!

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    toyoguard is a rip off. its a paint sealant, vin etching and undercoating spray on deal
    vin etching is a rip off, as the prius is already has vin numbers all over the place
    windows can be do it yourself vin etched for $12
    the undercoating is some kind of tar that is sprayed on the undercarriage, supposed to last forever, complicates removal of undercarriage parts, like bolts and screws.
    prius already have that plastic guard underneath the engine anyway???
    how do they prevent the undercoating spray from getting into your electric motor!

paint sealent i do not know

its probably a better idea knowing how soft my prius paint is, to refuse the toyoguard, and use the $700 you would spend on towards a 3m invisable bra installtion and maybe some window tinting!

6. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    or maybe use the $700 towards the extended warranty deal from priuschat...

7. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, beauty is in the eyes... I hope you find them worth showing off;) We'll look forward to the arrival of your new baby. Enjoy!

8. spidey

spidey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I agree toyoguard is 1 2$ value sold for 699. Same with this 775$ handling fees sounds like someone is trying to make even more than they do sellignat MSRP.:eek:

9. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    most cars come with a $600-700 handling fee...

10. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the destination charge is most likely a legit charge, because its on the sticker where as "dealer prep fee" is not, and is a bogus fee which you can probably demand they take off

the factory usually pays for the dealer for preparing the car for sale

11. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i agree. i think the plastic covers are about as tacky as you can get.
    people think i pimped out my prius when in reality they are stock for the model.