1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Towing Service with Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Yuki O., Dec 15, 2015.

1. Yuki O.

Yuki O. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have extended Platinum warranty and Prepaid maintenance program on my 2010 Prius, and they are still effective. On 12/15/15, I needed a towing service since my car didn't start. So I called a local Toyota Service, and they gave me a number for towing. When I got there and the service department person diagnosed there was a battery issue (not the hybrid battery), so they replaced a battery. Then later, I found out that I had paid the towing fee when the service was done. I thought the towing service was covered under either of the programs that I mentioned above. They told me that since the service was not covered the warranty, then, the towing service is not covered, either. I am trying to find out this is true, since roadside assistance is an independent service, I didn't think the service had to be tied with what's covered under the warranty. I am trying to find out if either of the warranty, or program covers towing fee under this situation. Thank you.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, just found it in my records. I have the Toyota Extra Care "Used Plan" "Platinum Coverage Level" and right here (on p.6), it states:
    "Towing Benefit If a covered component mechanically fails, as determined by the Administrator, You are entitled to reimbursement for your towing expenses to the nearest dealership or authorized repair facility, up to the limits specified in the Vehicle Service Agreement Information section. Licensed professional towing agencies' or dealers' receipts will be required for reimbursement. Please refer to the "How to Submit Claims" section. This benefit will only apply upon authorization of a covered repair." You might want to check out the "Substitute Transportation Benefit" (next para. also on p.6) - hope this helps - Wil (BTW: Welcome to PriusChat!) :)

PS: Check out your original paperwork. It sounds like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes, so if they are, just take your right foot, and bring it sharply upwards so that the hard leather bit at the end makes firm contact with the soft, dangly bits in between their legs! :eek: Good luck!!

#2 WilDavis, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  3. Yuki O.

Yuki O. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dear WilDavis,

Thank you for taking your time to check the contract, and also to respond to my concern. According to the quotation you have provided above, it seems it doesn't cover the towing fee under my situation...

Well, I will also check my paperwork for the warranty, and the maintenance program.

Thank you again!