1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Towing Spots

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark1154, Mar 4, 2015.

1. mark1154

mark1154 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    according to the manual there are two spots that can be opened near the front headlights for some towing purpose. I can see covers on these two spots but I could not easily remove one so I stopped. Has anyone had experience removing them? What can these spots be used for?

2. Ken Blake

Ken Blake Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Many newer cars come with a threaded tow loop/hook that screws into the front bumper, after removing a cover. Some enterprising companies have come out with front license plate brackets that attach via the tow hook receptacle, eliminating the need to drill the front bumper in states that require a front plate.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    They're under those little caps. There's a large bolt with an eye, with the tool kit, screws in, one side or the other. And yeah, they're not that friendly, likely to get chewed a bit when you pry them off. That said, they'd only be practical for something like dragging the car back up a bank, say if it slid off a road. If you're taking the car down the road, the front wheels pretty much have to be off the road, since the transaxle locks the front wheels when the car's off.