1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ToyoGuard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wakeman84, Jan 2, 2006.

1. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    hey guys...I work for Toyota as a Salesman, in the Southeast even. Here's a little info to clear up the ToyoGuard stuff:

It does cost around 200 dollars invoice for Toyoguard Plus. It includes all of the following:

*VIN etching in most major glass pieces.

*a highly pressurized foam injected through most major body panels to help reduce noise and prevent condensation buildup/rusting.

*an extra layer of rubber door seals to keep out noise/rain.

*a phosphorous bath for the undercoating to help protect from road crud (this is seriously completely worthless as far as I can tell)

*fabric/leather treatment (not the same as some crap you buy in a can at the hardware store)

*yet another layer of rust protector on top of the zinc bath, rust-proof coat, 4 paint coats, and a clear coat on all metal pieces.

*roadside assistance for mechanical breakdown/towing/flat tires (up to 150 dollars)

*24/7 toll free tech support (really just a switchboard service to connect you with a local service center/dealership)

Sure all this stuff generates profit, but it's not completely a rip-off. I've had customers request it. I personally would prefer another level of toyoguard that just included the extra rubber seals and the foam in the door panels at a much lower price.

2. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wakeman84 @ Jan 2 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]183007[/snapback]</div>
    IMHO, yes!