1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Announces Priority Registration Web Site for All-New Prius Plug-in Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Unlimited_MPG, Apr 19, 2011.

1. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, I just registered but haven't received any confirmation type email yet. I wonder if my closest Toy dealer, here on the central coast of CA, will be where I can pick up a PHEV when they arrive... They have been holding a deposit that I gave them a year or more ago, on the chance that a plug-in might hit the showroom floor before now. They are not the dealer that we got our Gen3 from but I don't think that should make any diff. Will every dealer here on the West Coast have a few?

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    OK, I guess I'm just expecting too much. What it tells me is that by going through the process as instructed onscreen, I cannot link my owner's account with my priority registration account, whatever that means. Apparently I'm in their system in a couple of places. I hope they check one or the other when pulling the names for a chance to place an order for a car. :rolleyes:

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have not see Prius PHV in different color than that ash blue. A white one like that would looks so awesome.

4. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    All,

We patched a few known bugs last night. If you've been having trouble, try again. Hopefully it will work this time around.

Sorry for the trouble.

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks For Reply.
    I think I did it. I guess we will see.

6. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I registered in the hopes that perhaps someday....

7. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So is the ONLY mechanical/physical difference between the plug-in and regular prius the switch from ~1.3Kw Ni-MH battery to the ~3Kw Li-ion battery (and associated charging cable)?
    I just wonder if the same drivetrain can handle extended electrical motor usage? seems like the electric motors burning up is one of the common failure modes on the current trans-axle, I would think more prolonged use at higher speeds is going to cause it more trouble.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius PHV has 5.2 kWh Lithium battery pack, divided to 3 sub packs. When it is in HV mode, one of the sub pack (1.73kWh) is used. It has more energy than the standard 1.31kWh NiMH pack.

9. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I plugged in all my information only to have the website complain about some detail and erase all my information.

Screw that.

10. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think it is useful when a report is purely speculation. I think Car and Driver would like to take this one back, but there is something called: google/Youtube.

11. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is that a Prius Five Plug-In? Looks like one from the wheels. Anyone out there that took one for a test drive have those wheels on it?

12. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This was the Prius plug-In Concept in 2009, then they rolled in 600 Prius plug-In prototypes in 2010 that are currently on tour being tested.

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    17,000 shows interest in a month.

Source

14. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anybody heard back from Toyota about ordering a car yet?

15. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nothing yet but I sure hope we do soon... I need something to hold me over about the plug in through the summer until we can hopefully order in the fall!

16. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nothing Yet.

17. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got email from @Toyota Access thanking me for signing up and wanting updated semi personal data. Questionnaire included buyer preferences ect nothing specific.

18. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm confused. I mentioned to a local Toyota dealer that I registered for the plug-in and that in the near future once Toyota lets us know I need to pick a dealer to work with. Here is what he said:

"I have a couple of other customers who have also registered on line with Toyota. If you would like I will add your name to our priority list for the plug in....No deposit required."

My understanding from posts from Toyota USA on this thread was it was going to be first in first out once orders are placed. The dealer sounds like they are creating their own list to who they give "priority" to.

19. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That's a fear I have; that dealers may not be fully informed about how they have to process orders. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it is explained it will work once more information is released from Toyota. It's still early from "spring 2012" so I'm going to hope dealers just don't know anything yet (like most always seem to know, nothing) and are making a list from walk ins like they normally would for any other vehicle.

20. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah that's why I'm waiting until the last possible moment to inform him what I'm getting. From the sounds of the how the process is suppose to work, Toyota is suppose to inform the dealer of my purchase since it sounds like I'm buying it direct from Toyota.