1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota App Registration Issues

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by mory3kale, Feb 1, 2021.

1. mory3kale

mory3kale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I just downloaded entune 3 app for my 2020 LE. There is a message after the download that entune will no longer be supported after Feb 2th 2021 and I should download Toyota app which I did. After registration and adding the Vin # I got a server error message. I repeated the procedure several times with no lock.
    Anyone has the same issue?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @Tideland Prius may be able to chime in, but IIRC, there is no Toyota App for Canada?

ETP likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the same app as the US, so the "Toyota" app.I've updated the title to reflect that.

I'm starting to think Entune 3.0 is more hassle than it's worth.

ETP likes this.
  4. mory3kale

mory3kale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Yes, and it's funny that entune with its limited functionality is getting discontinued which i won't miss it. OTOH Toyota app is not working.
    Toyota is really screwing up here!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

ETP and Tideland Prius like this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I mostly wanted it for remote climate for my Prime and HD Traffic info. I don't really care for the other features. But it appears that Toyota dropped the ball on their software.

Ah well, we'll see if 3rd time's a charm.

6. PP2020LE

PP2020LE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Entune never worked for me since I got the car in November. Does Toyota Canada come with free wifi connection for 6 months? Mine is supposed to come with it, but when I use the link to register the wifi, the link seems to be broken.

7. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WiFi connect requires working Safty Connect. The complimentary Toyota WiFi Connect is only for the first 2GB or 30days, after that, the cost was something like $15/mo for 2GB or $25/mo for unlimited.

See here: AT&T

8. PP2020LE

PP2020LE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    This is the email I received.
    "Wi-Fi Connect
    Start streaming videos, music, games and more by signing up for your trial and turning on the Wi-Fi Hotspot3 in your Toyota-powered by Verizon. Once you do, you can connect up to 5 compatible devices like smartphones, laptops, tablets and game systems to Verizon's 4G LTE network. Wi-Fi trial is for 6-month or use of 2 GB of data (whichever comes first).
    "

Salamander_King likes this.
  9. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, it was 2GB/6mo, my bad. My 2020 PP had working WiFi connect, right after I got the car. But to continue using the service, I had to have the Safety Connect working, I did not want the Safety Connect and other push technology that came with it, so I stopped it.

10. PP2020LE

PP2020LE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Not that I cared too much for the Free 2GB of WiFi, just the thoughts of services not working on a new car is a let down.

Salamander_King likes this.
  11. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Same here! No worky GI!
    Remote start and the services work on the iphone app but the apps on the 11.6" screen have basically disappeared and only the iphone apps work with the USB cord installed.
    Seems to be missing a huge FW update on the radio head to make all this work.

The call assistance is nice incase the SOS button can't contact the server.

I only used the button once and they Towed my wrecked car to the wrong dealer (did not do body repairs).
    So if this happens to you insist on a tow to a dealer that does body work or use your towing option on your auto insurance.

#11 ETP, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  12. kritischer

kritischer New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have a Prius but this thread is one of the most up to date that I could find.

So is Entune dead now? I have a 21 Tacoma that shipped without Entune Suite installed, and I can't create an Entune account.

I see internet murmerings of a USB stick but I can't find one, or an iso of one with Entune Suite 3.0. I don't know the filenames either otherwise I'd google those.

From a practical standpoint do you folks find that Entune had much utility or is it all Android Auto based now so I should stop spinning me wheels trying to get it working.

13. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I do not miss it. As long as it doesn't try to auto install and break everything I am fine.