1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota app won't link our used Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by stioc, Jul 6, 2023.

1. stioc

stioc New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We bought the car from Carmax a year ago, recently tried to get the Toyota app for the first time to see what info etc we can view through it. In doing so, after scanning the VIN barcode the app gives an error that the car can't be linked. I suspect the previous owner had it linked to their Toyota app. How do we go about getting the VIN association switched over to us? is there a Toyota contact that can help with this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try calling a corporate? toyota apps are messed up, i'm not sure what works and what doesn't anymore.
    you can put the vin in at toyota.com/owners for service history, recalls and etc.

3. EdPalmer42

EdPalmer42 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    The app never showed me anything about the car. When my 3-year free trial was ending, I phoned Toyota to find out what I should see. The agent had to put me on hold because she had no idea. When she came back, she said that because I had the base trim, I didn't get anything. No tire pressure, state of charge, temperature, etc. So I just deleted the app and moved on.

Ed

4. stioc

stioc New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you for the responses. I thought the app might show the state of charge, tire pressure, remote start or a/c capability (like on the fob) etc but sounds like it's a dud app.