1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Aqua 2012 Brake Light Switch for Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Graham Thomas, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Graham Thomas

Graham Thomas New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys. I have a 2012 Toyota Aqua hybrid.(Prius C).. I am trying to install cruise control. Have fitted everything but get a message on the dash when switch is pressed.."CHECK CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM".
    My question is,do i need to change the brake light switch to one which has the brake release function? I am thinking this may be the problem..Thanks..

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds familiar. There are a few threads about that switch, for that system on that model. Ours already had the feature so I didn’t have to deal with setting it up.

I bet a search or two will turn up what you need.

3. NZAnthony

NZAnthony New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you had any luck with the Cruise Control?
    I'm in the process of fitting it to a 2013 Corolla Axio Hybrid, same running gear as the Aqua.
    How many wires did you run to the ECU? 1 or 2? CCS has to go to pin 22, what about E1 to pin 6?
    Have you checked the changes in resistance through the switch circuit when the various CC switch functions are selected.
    The error message hopefully implies the ECU is programmed for CC. How is it in english if it is an Aqua?
    I also got all my bits from Aliexpress including the plastic cover with the hole for the switch to fit through.

4. Chathuranga

Chathuranga New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    SE
    Do we need to have a wire from the brake switch to ECU or bcm? If so what is the wiring we should do

5. Ratta

Ratta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I got mine working. You need to supply signal from the break switch. Find a 12v source which turns on when ignition is switch Ed on. Then supply that into one of the unused two pins in the break switch. Then take another wire from the unused pinof the break switch it should reach around 5v if not switch the wires. Then route that wire to ecu