1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota battery of 2018

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alanwagen, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Lorro

Lorro New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks to everyone for all your advice! As time is short when I can get to the car and drive it I did check with other dealers and was able to knock off 100$ and that was easier than trying find a compatible battery and trial and error learning how to take the battery out and replace it!
    I also found a co worker that knows how to do that kind of maintenance on his prius so I will get to work with him when I next need battery or other minor maintenance. I did find a battery jump starter so got that for any needs and it also has a usb port so I can charge my other electronics. Really appreciate all the help given to a neophyte prius c owner!

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    An update on my 12 volt battery monitoring in a vehicle that isn’t driven a lot (majority of trips around town and between 1.5 to 2.5 miles; often sits 3 to 5 days without being driven, and with no battery tender hooked up) 20.5 months old, with 5500 miles on it.
    After sitting for 3 days battery tested at 100% 420 amps capacity, 95% charge @ 12.57 volts, Internal Resistance of 6.6 mohms.
    I continue to monitor it since we treat it like we have any other vehicle we have had over the years and when we bought the Prius there were a lot of “fear mongers” here who were claiming that infrequent use of Priuses would cause 12 volt battery problems.
    Well, living through the crazy Northern Illinois summer heat and winter frigid temperatures we haven’t experienced any degradation of the battery. I guess I should mention though, that we are aware of our surroundings and are diligent in turning off lights and closing doors and hatches.