1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota begins Prius v Tease #3 with another puzzle

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    On both sides there are rectangular holes, with a square besides them. Could that be the connection points for the third row? The space is so huge that there is space enough for a third row.

2. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Although I like conjecture, I see no real indication there is a third row there. Although it's possible there is one, although it's possible there are rear-facing seats and although it's possible that there is a hot tub also under that flap this is really hope skewing reality, most likely. Chances are there is no third row and it's merely a larger Prius. That is not bad, it's just not great, not like it could be or should be.

3. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    1 person likes this.
  4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    They show the same picture I posted 3 hrs ago.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [​IMG]

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you lift up the floor in a Gen II or III there is enough room to install a thin rear facing fold up seat, at least one that kids can use. If this vehicle is larger than the Prius, there would be room.

As for crash standards, station wagons still have rear facing seats...meets safety standards just fine.

Look at this brochure for the Mercedes E Class wagon, if you scroll down to page 13 you'll see the rear area with the seats stowed and with them flipped up. You'll see the space it needs in the floor is about 6 inches...you could put these seats in the floor of the current Prius, and with a slightly higher floor in this new vehicle and a longer hatch area...it would work.

The handle on the floor looks a lot like the handle in the cargo area of the Prius V...

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/brochures/2011_ESedan_Wagon.pdf

1 person likes this.
  7. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think I only learned recently that some vehicles still had those. I know they meet safety standards, and I found even a site on the net that retrofits many vehicles and still meets standards but I cannot help but wonder how passengers really fare in a crash, notably being rear-ended.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    iQ has airbag in the rear to protect rear passengers.

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It is very possible indeed. On the sides, there appears to be cup holder next to the indent to hold the cargo cover.

10. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mercedes has demonstrated a serious concentration on safety over the years, they have innovated a LOT of the safety features that we enjoy today...airbags...seatbelt pretensioners...antilock brakes...stability and traction control...I seriously doubt you would see a rear facing seat in a Mercedes wagon if they had doubts about occupant safety.

They do specify the seats are only for children...

11. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Wow, than you're........

the WINNER....:D

12. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Except that the Venza is a LOT more spacious than the Pruis, particularly where the rear seat is concern. Purely a "feel" but it probably has 2 inches of additional rear legroom over the Prius, plus you can recline the seat for additional comfort.

Yep and a slightly different exterior design. Wait a minute. It's a Prius with the split rear view!

Notice the emblem is similar to the one equipped with DRCC?

Better I would think. You're being pushed into the seat and headrest rather than "thrown" forward and having the seatbelt restrain you.