1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota C-HR: thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Got2bHam, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    As we all know, the Toyota C-HR is appearing on lots as we speak but what are everyone's thoughts on it?

I'll say it makes a hard sell to the poor salespeople who'll have to explain why Toyota made a crossover with only fwd. Overall to me it feels incomplete. From the lack of any real options to the Scion head unit, I'd rather spend my money on something else.

2. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I just got back from a wonderful trip to Japan and saw several C-HRs. I liked the way they looked.

In my opinion Toyota makes a lot of poor marketing decisions in the U.S. and succeeds in spite of that due to their reliability and engineering. It is like they don't have confidence in the C-HR design. Of course, they could add 4wd later.

I have not liked the gen 4 Prius styling but somehow they looked better over there.

3. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, I think the C-HR could be really awesome with more choices like they have overseas. Awd is supposed to become available next year (so they say). And imagine they'll soften the one size fits all packaging after awhile.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It was originally destined as a Scion for here, which explains some decisions, like no hybrid choice, but skipping the AWD was silly. That's an easy extra profit considering most buyers.