1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Canada - Access

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by drvan, Jan 6, 2006.

1. drvan

drvan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chuckieland @ Jul 5 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]281771[/snapback]</div>

Are you sure you're in a province that offers the PST tax break? In BC we had to write to our capital to apply. But now it is built in. I would have imagined Ontario is the same way. However, just one call to your dealer ought to be enough to get the correct info for ON. They probably get the question tons of times.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I tried googling it and thousands of hit promoting it but nothing on how to apply for the rebate but like drvan said it might be just deducted at source when you buy the car. If not look up the taxation office number and call them and ask for the forms.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ontario has a $2,000 rebate. It might be included in the price (i.e. when you see the printout, it should have -$2,000 somewhere.

4. fatale

fatale New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 6 2006, 01:21 AM) [snapback]281838[/snapback]</div>
    I thought that they had just announced the $2000 rebate - but it was not effective yet? Currently it's $1000... no?

I walked into my toyota dealership yesterday and they offered me the $1000 off, plus another $500 off (recent graduate - gotta love being young) plus 3.9% financing (new for this month apparently) and the sales person was even going to see if the manager would haggle down the price by another few grand because it was a 05 - and was in the showroom (last one they had) in the Mica Pine.. I may be picking it up. :)

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :eek: ahhh.. damn you people not in BC!!!

Yeah.. Sarge, another PCer got a discount. BC has some stupid no-dicker policy called "Access Toyota" which was supposed to be discontinued around the country long ago but still lingers in BC.

btw, silver pine mica is NOT an 05 colour.

6. Smooth Operator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Jul 5 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]281787[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the link for the BC rebate information.

http://www.rev.gov.bc.ca/ctb/publications/...ins/sst_085.pdf

7. kam

kam New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 6 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]281844[/snapback]</div>
    It's not just BC. Quebec has the same program. I was under the impression that it was only Ontario that didn't have Access Toyota. However, what we found at the dealer here was although they won't budge on purchase price they can be flexible on what they give for a trade in.