1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Canada Red Tag special - early termination

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by markderail, Mar 15, 2010.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got this message over the weekend, going to check it out.
    I want to go see them today.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Dear Toyota Owner, [​IMG] We are writing to you today about a special offer exclusively for Toyota drivers like you whose leases expire between April and December 2010.

We wanted to get the details of this great offer to you as soon as possible, and we will follow up this email message with a letter arriving at your home in the next few days.
    [​IMG] It's our way of saying thank-you for being part of the Toyota family and that we want you to remain a Toyota driver. That's why we're offering you this unprecedented opportunity to get into a new Toyota with Toyota Financial Services, allowing you to take full advantage of these great offers right now.

As a Toyota driver you know that Toyota makes quality vehicles. Ever since we came to Canada 47 years ago our mission has been to provide people with some of the safest and most reliable vehicles on the road. The fact that over 80% of Toyotas sold in the last 20 years are still on the road today^ proves how reliable our vehicles are.

[​IMG]
    With 0% financing for up to 60 months on selected models**, and lease rates as low as 0.9%***, there is no better time to get into a new Toyota than right now during Red Tag Days. Please visit toyota.ca for details on all the great deals and great models on offer.
    [​IMG]
    Toyota Canada's Loyalty Credit for current owners expires March 31st 2010, so don't miss out. Even if your lease doesn't run out for a few months yet, you can still take advantage of this special offer. Visit your Toyota dealer and take delivery of a new vehicle before the end of March.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. We sincerely hope it proves of value to you and that we'll have the pleasure of seeing you in one of our showrooms soon.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Director, National Sales-
    Toyota Division
    Toyota Canada Inc.
    [​IMG]
    Vice President,
    Toyota Financial Services
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] *Valid for Toyota Financial Services (TFS) lessees/co-lessees that currently have a Toyota lease with a scheduled lease maturity date of March 2nd-January 1st, 2011 (including January 1st, 2011). Lessee/co-lessee must take delivery of a new Toyota and finance or lease the vehicle through TFS by May 31st, 2010 in order to qualify for the early return feature. The TFS lease or loan contract must be dated between March 2nd-May 31st, 2010. This offer is non transferable and is valid at participating Toyota dealers. Employees of Toyota Canada Inc., Toyota Financial Services and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. are not eligible for this promotion. Any excess kilometres (on pro rata basis), excess wear and tear, and any other amounts due under the previous lease are payable to TFS prior to delivery of the new vehicle in order to qualify. Lessees must have made all payments due prior to the delivery date of the new vehicle. ^Based on R.L. Polk Canada, Inc. Canadian Vehicle In Operation data as of July 1, 2008, for model years 1989-2008. Actual longevity of any vehicle will vary based upon operating conditions. **Limited time purchase financing offer provided through Toyota Financial Services on approved credit on new retail sales of qualifying models. Representative finance example based upon $28,000 financed at 0% APR equals $466.67 per month for 60 months. $0 down payment or equivalent trade-in may be required. Cost of borrowing is $0, for a total obligation of $28,000. Taxes, freight and PDI of $1,280-1,490, license, insurance, registration and applicable duties, levies and fees are extra. ***Limited time lease offer provided through Toyota Financial Services on approved credit, based on a new 2010 Camry. 0.9 % lease APR for 36 months. Monthly payment is $490.49 with $0 down payment or equivalent trade-in, $1,420 freight and PDI, $0 security deposit and first monthly payment due at lease inception. Total lease obligation is $18,215.28. Taxes, license, insurance, registration and applicable fees are extra. 72,000 kilometre allowance; charge of $0.07/km for excess kilometres.§Toyota Loyalty Program (TLP) credit is available to current registered owners/lessees of a Toyota branded vehicle (registered and insured in Canada for at least 6 months prior to TLP purchase) or immediate family members with whom they are domiciled, when they purchase/finance/lease and take retail delivery of a new unregistered 09/10 (excluding 2010 4Runner) Toyota branded vehicle between March 2-March 31, 2010. Proof of current address and registration/insurance/lease required. TCI/TMMC/TCCI employees/contractors and daily rentals are not eligible for TLP offer. Limit of one TLP offer per registered owner per registered vehicle. No more than one TLP offer may be used towards the purchase/lease of a single new vehicle. See your Toyota Dealer to determine if tax applies before or after the application of the offer in your jurisdiction. Dealer order/trade may be necessary. Time limited offers at participating dealerships. Dealer may sell or lease for less. Offers subject to change/cancellation without notice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] To view Toyota Canada's privacy policy, click here.
    If you don't wish to receive marketing emails from Toyota Canada in the future, click here.

© Toyota Canada, One Toyota Place, Toronto, ON, M1H 1H9, CAN

2. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One word - SUCKS

Unless I buy into a Camry Hybrid - 60 months, zero interest, premium + moon + seats 590$/month. Next best deal, 0.9% on a 36 month loan, nearly same payment.

Nothing extra to the $$$ Fidelity dollars that I haven't seen before. It's up to 1,000, but for the 2010 Prius and Camry, it's maxed at 750$.

For the 2010 Prius, other than the 750$ cash (before March 31st 2010) and getting out of my current contract, everything is at normal price. I'd be trading a 750$/month payment for a 650/month (assuming my 2006 nets me Zero Dollars at Trade-In).

PLUS the over-inflated Can$ pricing versus the US pricing, when there is less than 6% exchange rate.

If I don't trade in, in 5 months my lease is up, @ 746$/month, and my buyback is 11,000$ Less than 70,000km on the car.

I think it's still worthwhile keeping my car a few more years, and wait for the PHEV model.

3. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "assuming my 2006 nets me Zero Dollars at Trade-In"
    Are you saying that after 4 years...you still owe more on your car than it's worth? How long of a loan did you take on it... 10 years?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How does it suck again? cause if it wasn't 0% financing, wouldn't the payments be higher? and you're saying $100/month on the Prius. That's a lot! Don't forget the 6.1% import tax when you import from the US.

5. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I rented 4 years on initial.

What sucks, is that the deal is great, if I want a Camry hybrid. Nada for the 2010 Prius.

In fact, getting the exact same, more or less, package in 2010 Prius that I had with the 2006 Prius, I end up with a higher payment, again, rented 4 years.

I'm better off paying 5 more months of lease, and buying it at 11,000 when the same car is being sold used at Toyota for 18-19k.

However, "giving" into this deal, I get ZERO for my 2006 Prius. It's an early termination with no penalty, if you buy/rent a 2010 model.

So yes, I've paid more than the car's worth, but the dealer won't give it to me.

Had the 2010 Prius been available at 0% 60 months buy, then this WOULD have been a good deal. To buy, it's 4.9% (3.9% rent) the 2010 Prius.
    The Camry is 0% (0.9% rent).

It's as if Toyota doesn't want the Prius to sell, only the Yaris/Camry, as per this deal.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel this is a bad move on Toyota's part.

They should go the extra mile and get G2 owners out of their leases into G3's, and turn around and sell the used G2's. The more Prii's out there, the better.

Oh well, five more months to go.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    esp. since the TCH is TCI's best selling hybrid. I guess it also depends on the lease of the indivdual?

9. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I resisted the URGE to get a Camry Hybrid...

Well, not just for the money I'll save keeping my G2. The Camry is huge, yet, doesn't give more space for the driver.

Three adults in the back would appreciate the Camry over the Prius any day, but other than that? I mean, the Camry is so big, yet, the space isn't as well used.

So, I'll keep the G2 to at least when the G4 (G3 PHEV) comes out in a few years.

It would be cool if in 2012 both the Volt and PHEV Prius would be available here in Quebec.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    in due time Mark, in due time ;)

11. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, this is weird.

I finally went ahead and changed to the 2010 Prius with the early termination.

I will never rent again, ever.

Paid for the taxes and mods up front, so 36k$ financed @ 3.9% for 5 years = 599.61$/month.

At the end of five years, the street value will be above 12k$.

Any Americans reading this...you get your Prius CHEAP compared to us.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well yeah... lol. It always has been (and it's the cheapest anywhere in the world, including Japan! The ¥2M version is a stripped model. The equivalent base model is the ¥2.2M).

13. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rolling on New Wheels and...Loving IT !!!

For less $$$ than it cost me to own the 2006, the 2010 is Soooooooooooooo much better !

Not MPG stuff. Quality of the interior, exterior, road handling, sound proofing, rattling.

The OMGWTF moment was using Pwr Mode to peel out of stops & red lights.

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hahah sweet! Sandy Beach Metallic? (judging by your new avatar).

15. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, Sandy Beach.

When delivered, it had 195km and the L/100 was at 9 something. After some 50km's it's down to 5.4.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You took a car with 195km on the clock?

Mine got down to 4.1L/100km quite quickly ;) (granted, it was Aug)... Still haven't managed to meet or beat my dealer tank... weird.

17. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The only car in Quebec was in Cowansville, so it had to be driven to Montreal's west end, easily 90 km's just there.

I have the feeling the guy drove it in Pwr mode the whole way.

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's still 100kms unaccounted for lol. If road-tested (i.e. PDI'd, not demo'd), it should be between 20-40kms.

lol...