1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Care sucks!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by heather somaini, Nov 20, 2013.

1. heather somaini

heather somaini Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    All of your comments are great. I've decided though with living in Los Angeles, NOT to buy a spare and just know where I want the car towed to in the event of a flat. I'll just use AAA because their service is so much better than Toyota Care. I'm not driving long distances out of town in that car so I'm not too worried about being stranded on the 5 somewhere. ;)

2. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Heather,

Did AAA charge you or are you a Roadside Assistance member?

I also had a Flat Tire, called Toyota Care and the person I talked to called for the flat bed and they took the car to the nearest Dealer. Yes, it's a pain not having a Spare Tire, but Toyota Care did the job for me. No cost for the tow. Paid $25 to fix the flat.

I also had my battery die after being away for a week and Toyota Care got a truck to give me a jump. No cost.

So far so good for me.

3. Rav

Rav Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Toyota customer service "sucks" overall. You gotta move up to Lexus to get the good service.